Chapter One

Maddie's P.O.V

I hate this room. I hate the plain white walls. I hate the stupid bed with plain white bed sheets and pillows. I hate the stupid steal door with it's stupid bulletproof window. This stupid room that I've been stuck in for four years.

It was a few days after my fifteenth birthday that they threw me in this place. Greystone Insane Asylum. No, I'm not insane, I'm schizophrenic. There's a difference. They make me stay here because I am still "mentally unstable" and could still injure myself and others. If anything, this place makes me more crazy than I already am, with it's white walls and no windows.

It's horrible. I hate it here. I had plans for my future, but my so called "condition" got in my way. I had an episode one day and nearly killed myself. I had had enough of them. Them are Niall and Zayn. That's what I've named them. I think they've taken a liking to those names. They both torment me. People say they're just in my head but it feels like so much more than that. I see them a lot with a mix of other things. Sometimes I have to take a moment a think if what's happening is in my head or not.

The night I was thrown in here, the two boys were calling me names. Of course, you think it's not all that bad and I should ignore it. You're wrong. It's not that easy. I'd see the two of them every day or so. Now, not so much. Whatever medication these people are giving me keep them away for longer, but they always find their way back.

I sat on my bed, braiding pieces of yarn together to make a bracelet. I wore the required white tshirt and black leggings. My brown hair was pulled into a ponytail. My bright blue eyes focused on the yarn in between my fingers.

I jumped when I heard the door open. Loud noises or sudden actions always scared me. I already knew who it was without even having to look up from the yarn in my hands. It was my nurse, Lacy. She's the only one who ever comes in here. She's very kind. She's in her mid thirties and has brown hair and dark brown eyes. Out of everyone here, she's the only one who gets me.

"It's time to take your medicine Maddie," she says handing me the pills and a glass of water. "Then it's off to dinner,"

I swallow the pills and hand her the glass. "What's for dinner?" I ask her.

She smiled. "I heard a rumor about there being pizza, but I don't know for sure,"

"Well let's find out," I said getting off my bed. Lacy and I walked down the boring white corridor to the cafeteria. I kind of like eating in the cafeteria. In the beginning, the loud noise scared me and I ate in my room, but now I have friends who I sit with. Their names are Madison and Shelby. Madison was put in here because she witnessed her parents murder and lost it. Shelby is in here because of her numerous suicide attempts.

I walked into the cafeteria and got in the line to receive my food. Lacy was right, we were getting pizza. Once I got my food, I went over to the table that my friends and I usually sit. They were both there, Madison eating hungrily, Shelby not touching hers. I sat down and smiled at the two. They both smiled back.

"Hey guys," I said taking a bite of my pizza.

"Hey," Madison said. "I wonder what the occasion is. We never get pizza,"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe they're planning to kill us and wanted to give us one last good meal,"

"I would be okay with that," Shelby mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. "We've been over this, we love you and don't want to lose you," I told her.

"Yeah, yeah," she said bowing her head, her brown hair, with its faded teal tips, falling into her face.

"So you know that super cute guy I've been talking about?" Madison asked excitedly. She's been eyeing this guy with bright green eyes and curly brown hair that reaches his shoulders. I've seen him once in the recreation room. He is pretty cute.

"Yeah," I said. "Did you talk to him?"

"No," she said in defeat. "But I found out that his name is Harry. He's in here because he supposedly killed his mom and then tried to kill himself,"

"Why do you go for the crazy ones?" Shelby giggled.

Madison rolled her eyes. "Incase you didn't notice, everyone here is crazy,"

"Are you into anyone?" I smirked at Shelby.

"Maybe," she blushed.

"Who!?" Madison asked excitedly.

"That Louis guy, with the really pretty eyes," she said. "He's in here for the same reason as me. Wouldn't it be cute for us to compare scars?"

"Aww that's cute," I giggled. "Too bad we aren't aloud to talk to guys,"

"Yeah," Madison sighed.

I jumped when I heard the doors open. We all turned to look. A guy with short brown hair and deep brown eyes walked in. He was tall, taller than the male nurses who walked in beside him. He's either new here, or just got out of isolation.

Either way, I couldn't help but fall in love with him.

A/N:

Hiya! Thanks for taking the time to read this! I'm so excited to write this! I have plans! Thanks so much! :)

P.S:

I hope you like it Maddie!