Chapter Eight

Maddie's P.O.V

I was sleeping soundly in bed when I felt the wind get knocked out of me. Someone kicked me in the stomach.

"Get up, slut, we have a surprise for you," it was Zayn. Great.

"What?" I groaned angrily sitting up. I rubbed my eyes, letting them adjust to the darkness. When I opened my eyes, my blue ones met terrified brown ones. Liam's eyes. He was tied to a chair, a white cloth tied over his mouth.

"Maddie," he said but it was muffled by the cloth.

Niall stood beside him, twirling a knife in his hand.

I looked at Zayn. "What are you doing? You said you'd leave him alone!"

"Oh Maddie," he chuckled from behind me. "We've been together long enough for you to know I never keep my promises,"

I looked back at Liam. He was terrified. "Don't do this to him,"

Niall chuckled. "You should've never fallen in love with him," he said. "And now you're going to watch him die,"

Niall then took the knife and shoved it into Liam's chest. Liam let out a muffled scream, tears slipping from his eyes.

"No! Liam!" I yelled and tried to moved towards him. Zayn clamped his hands in my shoulders.

"You're not going anywhere princess," he growled.

Niall pulled the bloody knife out of Liam's chest and used it to slit Liam's throat. By know I was a screaming mess, tears pouring down my cheeks.

The lights flicked on and the door to my room flew open and nurses rushed in. Niall, Zayn, and Liam disappeared.

"Liam! Liam! Please come back!" I sobbed as I fought against the nurses who tries to hold me down.

"Sedate her," one of the nurses said and I felt a sharp pain in arm.

"Liam," I whimpered and everything went black.

~*~

I woke up with a splitting headache. I groaned and went to rub my head but my arms were strapped down. Both my arms and legs were. I was in the infirmary. Then everything came back to me. Liam. I need Liam.

"Liam!" I screamed loudly. "Liam! I need Liam!" I yelled and pulled against the restraints.

I need Liam. That's all I want. I need to know he's okay. I need to know he's not dead. I need him to kiss my forehead and tell me he loves me. I need him to wrap is strong arms around me and tell me it'll all be okay. I. Need. Him.

A nurse came in. "Maddie, please, stop struggling,"

"No! I need Liam! I need to know he's okay,"

"We can't do that, Maddie,"

"Then I won't stop struggling," I challenged jerking my arms against the restraints again. I felt blood start running down my hand.

The nurse looked horrified. She knew there was no compromising with a crazy girl. "Fine! Fine! I'll get him," she said angrily. I sighed with relief.

A few minutes later, the nurse ushered in a very worried Liam.

"Oh my god, Maddie," he said running up to me. "I was worried sick. They told me you were in here, I thought you hurt yourself or worse. I was so worried," he said engulfing me in a hug.

The nurse walked over and undid my restraints and then, surprisingly, left. She made sure to lock the door though.

I sat up fully and hug Liam back. "I thought they killed you," I whispered into his chest.

"What happened?" he asked sitting next to me on the bed.

"Niall tied you to a ch-chair and s-stabbed you. They made m-me watch you die," I said shakily, tears running down my cheeks.

"Oh Maddie," he said wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "I have nightmares like that,"

I sniffed. "You do?"

"Yeah," he said. "Where someone kills you and I'm not able to protect you. It hurts,"

"I'm sorry Liam," I said nuzzling into his neck.

He rubbed my back. "It's okay. I've learned to deal with them,"

"I was so afraid. I thought I lost you,"

Liam tightened his grip on me, pulling me impossibly closer.

"It's okay," he soothed. "I won't ever leave you,"

He then pulled away and pressed his lips to mine.

A/N:

Hello! Thank you so much for reading! It means so much to me! Thanks for sticking around this long! Have a lovely day! :)