Chapter Nine

Maddie's P.O.V

I sat next to Liam in the rec. room. It's been a few days since the whole killing incident and Niall and Zayn haven't been messing with me. Maybe because these stupid people upped my medication dosage, which I'm not complaining about.

I let out a little sigh and rested my head on Liam's shoulder. He leant over and kissed my forehead. "What's wrong love?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said. "Just a little tired,"

"Here," he said. "Lay your head in my lap,"

"Why?" I asked sitting up.

"You can snooze and I can play with your hair," he said.

I giggled. "Fine," I said and laid my head down in his lap and stretched out on the sofa. After I got comfortable, Liam started to run his fingers through my hair.

"Maddie, can I ask you something?" Liam asked softly.

"Of course Liam," I said.

"Do you still not want to run away?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said. "I would, but not without Madison and Shelby,"

He nodded. "Yeah, I understand. I wouldn't leave without Harry or Louis,"

"You know Harry and Louis?"

"Yeah, we've become really good friends,"

I giggled. "You know, Madison has a huge crush on Harry. Same for Shelby and Louis, but Shelby's too shy to talk to Louis. Madison and Harry have practically made out,"

He laughed. "I knew about Harry and Madison but I had no clue Shelby liked Lou. He's really into her too,"

"Are we going to be matchmakers now?" I giggled.

"Yes. Let's get them together and then we all get out of here and be all happy together," he said.

I poked his stomach. "You're adorable,"

He smirked. "That's what I was going for,"

"Well you are doing a fine job," I said.

He leant down and kissed me. "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

~*~

I woke from my peaceful sleep to the sound of alarms blaring. Thick, black smoke choked my lungs. I sat up coughing. My eyes stung from the smoke. I couldn't see anything. Most importantly, I couldn't get out of my room. It was locked from the outside.

I got out of bed and felt my way to the door. I tried turning the doorknob, but it burnt my hand. I hissed and pulled my hand back.

Was this in my head, or is this real? Niall and Zayn aren't here, but that doesn't mean they aren't playing with me. How could I figure this out? Liam. Liam would help me.

I felt my way back to the wall that connected my room to Liam's. "Liam," I coughed. "Liam are you there?"

"Yeah," he said and then started coughing. "Are you okay?"

"Is there smoke in your room too?"

"There is," he said. "I can't get out,"

"Neither can I," I coughed again. I started getting lightheaded. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know," he said.

"Are we going to die?" I asked quietly.

He took a moment to answer. "Maybe, but there's no one else I'd rather die with,"

Tears started to run down my cheeks. "I love you Liam,"

"I love you too Maddie. I love you so much,"

A/N:

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! It means so much to me! I hope you have a lovely day! :)

P.S:

I'm sorry Maddie, this chapter sucks. The next one will be better I promise!