Chapter Three

Maddie's P.O.V

Liam and I talked for a while. We talked mostly about our lives before we got here and what we had wanted to do with them. Sadly, our plans were interrupted.

"What do they look like?" Liam asked me.

"Who?" I said.

"The people you were talking to last night. The ones in your head,"

"Oh," I said. "Well, Niall has blonde hair and blue eyes. Zayn has really dark brown hair and brown eyes. They don't look all that scary, they're just mean,"

"Oh," he said quietly.

"What are your nightmares like?" I asked shyly.

"Scary," he said. "It doesn't matter that I get them every night, they still scare the shit out of me,"

"I understand," I said. "Even though I see Niall and Zayn all the time, I still get freaked out,"

There were footsteps in the hallway and I darted into bed. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep as the door opened.

I felt a gentle hand shake my shoulder. "Wake up Maddie, time for your pills," Lacy said.

I sat up and took the pills. "Thank you,"

"For what sweetie?" she said taking the glass of water from me.

"Trying to help me,"

"You're welcome," she said and smiled. "Now, lets get you cleaned up and go to breakfast,"

I got up and went into my bathroom. In this wing, we have our own bathrooms. In the suicide ward, they don't. I think you can understand why.

I got out of my pajamas and took a shower. Lacy waited for me in my bedroom, just incase anything happened.

Once I was done, I dried off and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I pulled on my white shirt and black leggings and walked into my bedroom.

Lacy smiled at me. "Beautiful as always,"

We walked down to the cafeteria and I grabbed my food. It was plain oatmeal with blueberries and a glass of milk. I sat down with Madison and Shelby at our usual spot.

Madison sat up excitedly. "You'll never guess what happened!" she giggled.

"What?" I asked and took a bite of my food.

"I talked to Harry!" she said. "I was right. He did try to kill himself, but he said he was framed for his moms murder,"

"He could be lying," I said.

Madison turned serious. "No one lies about their parents being murdered,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that," I said quickly.

"It's fine," she sighed. "But he's really nice,"

"That's cute," I said.

"So did you talk to the new guy?" Shelby spoke up.

"I did actually. His name is Liam,"

"What's he in for?" Shelby asked.

"Nightmare disorder," I said. "He's in the room next to mine. We talked during the rec. hour. Then, I woke up early this morning and heard him scream and then start sobbing. Broke my heart,"

"Aww, poor guy," Madison said.

I looked around for Liam. He sat alone at a table in the corner. He wasn't eating his food and looked sad.

"He looks so sad," I said. The girls looked over their shoulders at Liam.

"Probably just upset about being here," Madison said.

"Should I go talk to him?" I asked them.

"You'll get in trouble," Shelby said.

"I'm already stuck here, how much worse can it get?" I said getting up and walking over to Liam.

I sat down beside him and smiled. "Hey," I said.

"What are you doing?" he asked. "You're going to get us in trouble,"

I shrugged. "I'm already stuck here, it can't possibly get any worse,"

Liam sighed. "I guess you're right,"

"So why do you look so sad?"

"I hate it here," he said. "It only feels like my nightmares are getting worse. And then being in here makes me realize how really alone I am,"

"I know," I told him. "But you're not alone. You have me. I'll be your friend,"

He smiled a cute little smile. "Thank you,"

"Excuse me you two, but what do you think you're doing?" said the head nurse, who might I add, hates me. "You know interaction between you two is strictly forbidden and will result in punishment,"

I knew that. I would be punished. Severely.

A/N:

Hi! Thanks for reading! It means a lot to me! Have a wonderful day! :)

P.S:

Hey Maddie, you're in trouble. Love you!