Chapter Eleven

Liam's P.O.V

I woke up stif in the chair beside Maddie's hospital bed. I sat up and stretched, hearing my back pop. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Maddie. She was sleeping soundly. The doctors took off her oxygen mask and gave her nasal cannula. She probably inhaled too much smoke. I leaned forward and took her hand in mine. I kissed it softly.

"I can't wait for you to wake up," I said to her. "I want to see your pretty smile and beautiful eyes and hear your sweet little giggle. I want to hear your magnificent voice again. I know it's only been a day but it feels like it's been ages,"

There was a knock on the door and it opened. A male doctor walked in and smiled at me.

"Hello," he said. "I'm Dr. Marks, Maddie's doctor for the time being. Who might you be?"

"I'm Liam, Maddie's, um, friend," I said.

"Well it's nice to meet you. So, Maddie here is has inhaled a good amount of smoke from that fire yesterday. We're expecting her to wake up today. We've been giver her oxygen to help clear out her lungs. Once she wakes up, we'll X-ray her lungs and if everything looks okay we'll be sending her home," he said. "Any questions?"

"What if she doesn't wake up today?" I asked.

"If not today, she should be up tomorrow. There isn't any reason she won't wake up today,"

"Okay, thank you doctor,"

"You're welcome," he said. "When she wakes up please inform a nurse. I'm assuming you'll be staying with her yes?"

"I planning to yes,"

"Alright," he said and made his way to the door. "She'll be okay, don't worry. We see things like this all the time, nothing we can't fix,"

"Thank you," I said. "She means a lot to me. I don't want to lose her,"

"You won't. Don't stress," and with that he left.

That was really reassuring. I was afraid that my Maddie wouldn't wake up. I would feel horrible of she didn't. It would be like my nightmares, but real.

I looked over at Maddie. I stood up and kissed her forehead. "You'll be alright love," I said. "Just get some rest, I'll be right here,"

~*~

I had gotten something to eat and was watching tv on the the small tv in Maddie's hospital room. I haven't watched tv in forever, being that I've been locked in that asylum for a good while. Maybe I could go home. Maybe both me and Maddie could go home. I still had my apartment. We could get out and be happy there. Maybe even Harry and Madison and Louis and Shelby could get out. I know Louis still has his apartment. I shook my head. I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I looked over at my little angel sleeping still in bed. She looks peaceful and not in any pain, which is good. I don't like her in pain. I took her hand in mine and have it a gently squeeze, slightly hoping she would squeeze back, but didn't. But that's okay, the longer she's asleep, the more rest she'll have and the better she'll feel. It'll all be okay.

There was a knock at the door and it opened. In walked Harry and Louis and Shelby. Louis had his arm around Shelby's waist. I smiled. I think they're together now.

"Hey Liam," Harry said. "How is she?"

"She's supposed to wake up sometime today or maybe tomorrow. She inhaled a lot of smoke," I said. "Where's Madison?"

"She's in the ICU," he said sadly. "She got some pretty bad burns on her leg,"

"Will she be okay?" I asked.

"Yeah she will be. They did some surgery on her but said she'd be okay," he said.

"That's good," I said and looked over at Shelby and Louis. "How are you guys?"

"We're alright," Louis said. "Shelby here was just discharged," he said and pulled her closer to him.

"That's good," I said. "Where do you guys go now?"

"We're going back to my apartment. I don't care what those idiots at the asylum want," he said and leant down and kissed Shelby's forehead. "We're going home and we're going to be happy for once,"

I smiled. "I'm happy for you guys. When Maddie gets discharged I'm taking her to my apartment," I said and looked over at her. "We can be happy,"

"Well we'll leave you two love birds alone," Harry said. "I should get back to Madison,"

"Keep us updated," I said to Harry.

"I will," he said. "See you later Liam,"

"Bye Liam," Louis said.

Then they left and I was alone with Maddie. I looked over at her. "We'll be happy again," I said and leaned back in the chair, closing my eyes.

I heard a cough.

"I can't wait,"

A/N:

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been dealing with some stuff. But I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I think I'll double update today since I have nothing else to do. Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a lovely day! :)