Chapter Seven

Maddie's P.O.V

I walked into the cafeteria and grabbed my lunch. On my way to my friends I saw Liam. He gave me a smile and I returned one. I couldn't wait for rec. hour today.

I sat down at the usual table, where only Madison was sitting.

I gave her a confused look. "Where's Shelby?" I asked her.

"I heard she got into trouble," Madison said.

"What did she do?" Shelby isn't one to get herself into trouble, she's too shy and insecure. Madison on the other had, likes to make trouble, and that's why we're friends. That, and she gets all the gossip around here.

"A little birdy told me she snuck out of her room and found her way to the medicine room. Said she tried to kill herself. Apparently she's in the infirmary,"

"How in the world did she get out of her room?" I asked taking a bite of my broccoli.

Madison shrugged. "Don't know. She's sneakier than we give her credit for,"

"What's her punishment?"

"Don't know that either. It'll be hard for them to punish her. Living on its own is enough punishment for that girl,"

I sighed. "So how are things with you and that Harry guy?" I asked changing the subject.

She instantly perked up at the mention of Harry. "We've been hanging out, doing things,"

"What kind of things?" I asked giving her a smirk.

"Oh, things," she said blushing and looking down at her plate.

I groaned. "Madison, if you don't tell me, I'll jump to my own conclusions,"

"Okay fine," she said. "We kissed,"

I nearly chocked on my broccoli. "You guys what?"

"He kiss me," she said. "Lips and all,"

"Oh my gosh, how did you manage to get away with that? You know it's against the rules,"

"They don't pay any attention to us," she said. "And it wasn't some hot makeout seession geeze,"

"Bet you wish it was," I smirked.

She laughed. "You know I do,"

I shook my head. "You're funny,"

"So," she said. "I saw you smile at Liam,"

"Oh yeah?"

"What was that about? Didn't you learn your lesson the first time?"

"Nope. I just can't stay away from him, and apparently he can't stay away me either,"

"What are you talking about?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend," I said proudly.

Madison dropped her fork. "You're kidding,"

I smiled. "Nope,"

"Aww you two are going to be the cutest couple," she gushed.

"So will you and Harry," I giggled.

"Now we just need to set Shelby up with that Louis guy and we'll all have boyfriends!" she giggled.

"If only we weren't stuck in here," I sighed.

"We'll get out of here eventually," she said.

"I hope so," I sighed.

~*~

I walked into the rec. room with a smile. I saw Liam in our usual spot. He stood up when he saw me and I made my way over to him.

"Hello love," he said pulling me into a hug.

"Hi," I giggled as he gently kissed my forehead.

We both sat down and I rested my head on his shoulder and he intertwined our hands.

"So," he said. "Have you had a good day?"

"I guess," I said. "Same old routine, but it's better now that I can see you,"

"Yeah. You know, last night I didn't have a nightmare,"

"Oh yeah? You think the medicine is working?"

He laughed. "Maybe, but I think it's you. You make me feel calm,"

"Aww I'm happy to help," I smiled up at him.

"Did you see them last night?" he asked cautiously.

I took a breath. "Yeah,"

"Did you try and stand up to them?"

I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "Didn't work,"

"I'm sorry" he said rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. "It'll get better,"

I smiled. "Thanks Liam,"

"You're welcome love," he said and kissed the top of my head. "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

A/N:

Hi! Thank you for reading! It means a lot as always! I hope you have a lovely day! Thanks so much! :)