Chapter Ten

Maddie's P.O.V

I laid against the wall, my consciousness slowly slipping away. I was sweaty and my cheeks were stained with tears. Liam kept trying to keep my conscious by talking to me but slowly I stopped responding. Another cough racked my body. The smoke filled my lungs and all I wanted was to breath the clean air.

"Maddie, please tell me you're still there," I heard Liam plead.

"Yeah," I coughed weakly. "I'm still here,"

"I love you," he said for the millionth time.

"I love you too Liam," I said.

Every so slowly, I lost consciousness and fell into darkness.

~*~

Liam's P.O.V

After a while, Maddie stopped taking to me. I felt horrible. This felt like one of my nightmares, only it was real. I laid against the wall helplessly, tears staining my cheeks.

I jumped when I heard the steal door to my room bang open. "There's someone in here!" I heard someone yell. I felt my arm being tugged and I was lifted to my feet.

"We're getting you out of here," the firefighter said.

"Wait," I coughed. "There's a girl in the room next to mine,"

I could hear the door to Maddie's room being thrown open. I could barely make out another firefighter holding Maddie's frail body.

"Please, let me carry her," I said.

"No you're too weak," he said. "Now we need to get out of here,"

They pushed me towards an exit. Once we got outside I gulped down the clean air. I looked over at Maddie in the other man's arms. She was covered in black soot, as was I. You could see where the tears washed away the soot under her eyes. My poor Maddie.

The two firefighters took us over to an ambulance. The paramedics put Maddie on a stretcher and put an oxygen mask over her mouth and noes. They gave me one too. I sat on the back bumper of the ambulance taking deep breaths of the clean air.

"Sir, are you going to go to the hospital with her?" a paramedic asked me.

"Um, yes I'd like to," I said. I didn't care about getting permission or anything, I'm going with her.

"Okay, please get in then," the paramedic said.

I climbed in the back and sat beside Maddie. They had given her an IV and still had her breathing the oxygen. I took her hand in mine and kissed it.

"You're going to be okay love," I said. "Just hang in there,"

When we got to the hospital, they made me wait in the waiting room while they cleaned Maddie up. Once they were done I was aloud to go in with her. She was still asleep, but clean of any soot.

I smiled at her and sat down in the chair beside her bed. I then realize how extremely tired I was. I sighed and leant back in the chair, falling into an uncomfortable sleep.

~*~

I stood in the middle of the woods. It was growing darker and little lightning bugs twinkled around me. Beautiful flowers littered the forest floor. It was so peaceful and calm. I could stay here forever.

I looked down at myself. I wore a plain white shirt and long white pants. My feet were bare.

"Liam," a voice said. It was a faint whisper, hardly audible. It sounded like Maddie. "Come find me,"

I looked around, the forest was completely deserted. "Where are you Maddie?" I called.

"Come find me," she giggled.

I started walking in the direction I thought I heard the voice come from. "Give me a hint," I laughed.

"What's my favorite color?" I heard her say.

"Royal blue, but I don't see how that works as a hint," I said looking down, but realized that some of the wildflowers were royal blue.

"Follow them," I heard her whisper. I did.

I found Maddie sitting on a little wooden swing, rocking back and forth. She looked lovely. She wore the same white dress she always does, her long hair was pulled into a braid with little wildflowers tucked in it.

"You found me," she giggled.

"I did," I said walking up beside her.

She stood up on the swing, placing her feet in the wooded seat and wrapping her hands around the rope on the sides of the swing.

"Isn't it pretty?" she asked. "The serenity one can have in the forest,"

"It is," I said looking up at her. "You're so beautiful,"

She looked down and blushed. "Thank you Liam," she said.

"You're welcome my love," I said and leant up to kiss her.

A/N:

Hi! Thank your for reading! It means so much to me! I hope you have a lovely day! :)