Chapter Fourteen

Maddie's P.O.V

Liam and I sat on the sofa, eating pizza and watching random movies on tv. I finished my last piece of pizza and rested my head against Liam's shoulder.

"I'm stuffed," I said. "That was the best meal I've had in a long time,"

"Yeah, that was great," Liam said.

"Thank you," I said kissing his cheek.

"You're welcome love," he said picking up the empty pizza box and throwing it away in the kitchen. I stretched out on the sofa, burying my face in the pillows.

I felt a pair of soft lips on my neck. "Do you want to go cuddle in the bedroom?" I heard Liam ask. "Or maybe continue what we started earlier?"

I smirked and nodded. "Carry me," I giggled.

I felt Liam tuck his arms under me and pick me up bridal style. I smiled and rested my head against Liam's shoulder. I felt him kiss my forehead.

"I love you so much," he said. "We can be happy now, together,"

"They won't come looking for us?" I asked.

"No," Liam said. "And if they do, I won't let them take us back,"

Liam walked us slowly to the bedroom. "I want to be with you forever," I said to Liam.

"I want that too," he said laying me down on the bed and crawling in next to me.

I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around my back pulling me impossibly closer to him. "I'm so happy I met you," he said.

"I'm happy I met you too Liam," I whispered.

I felt him slowly stroke my hair. "I love you so much, there's no way for me to express how much I truly love you,"

I leant up and kissed his neck gently. "Of course there is,"

Liam pulled away and looked down at me. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

I giggled. "Yeah, I want to do this,"

He smiled and pressed his lips passionately against mine. He put so much emotion into the kiss. I kissed him back and put my arms around his neck.

Liam made me feel so brave, so loved, so beautiful. I haven't felt this way in years because of those monsters in my head. This is not only my way of proving to Liam how much I love him, but also proving to Zayn and Niall that they can't control me anymore. I'm not letting them take away every last shred of happiness I have. I love Liam with all of my heart and I know that I want to be with him for the rest of my life. We can start over again. We can be normal. We can be happy.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too,"

~*~

I woke up naked the next morning, tangled in a pair of arms. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at who was holding me. My eyes met with Liam's. He smiled at me.

"Good morning love," he said kissing my forehead.

"Good morning," I yawned and snuggled into Liam's chest.

"Did you sleep well?" Liam asked running his fingers through my hair.

I nodded against his chest. "It was wonderful," I said.

"Good," Liam said. "Why don't I go make us some tea? Then we can go get breakfast and visit Madison. Sound good?"

"Sounds great," I said pecking his lips. "You're such a great boyfriend,"

He smiled. "I try to be," he said sitting up. I smirked as I noticed the love bite on his neck. The one I gave him.

"I told you I'd get you back," I smirked wrapping the blankets around me.

He ran his fingers over his neck and chuckled. "Yeah you did," he said pulling on some sweatpants.

"You don't have to put those on, I like seeing that body of yours,"

He smirked and kissed my forehead. "I can say the same thing about you. I'll be right back," he said and walked out into the kitchen.

I smiled to myself and curled up in the pillows. I was overly happy. Nothing could ruin my mood.

"So the slut has a new toy,"

Spoke too soon.

"Leave me alone," I said angrily.

"You actually look nice like this," Zayn purred in my ear. "Completely exposed,"

I pulled the blankets tighter around me and sat up. I stared into Zayn's eyes intensely. "Leave. Me. Alone," I growled.

Niall chuckled. "What makes you think you can stand up to us?"

I looked at him. "You guys are only in my head. I'm sick of you guys trying to keep me away from Liam. I love him and nothing you do will ever change that. I'm never leaving him. You can't make me. I won't give you that kind of satisfaction. You don't control me. This is my life, and I'm sure as hell not going to let you control it,"

Niall looked at Zayn and smirked. "Okay,"

I looked at them confusedly. "Okay what?"

"We'll leave you alone," Zayn said.

"Why choose now?" I asked suspiciously.

"Obviously you love this guy," Niall said. "And nothing we do will get you to leave him,"

"So where's the fun in messing with you?" Zayn finished.

"I mean you guys literally did it last night," Niall said rolling his eyes.

"We've had our fun, but you're boring now. All we can do is piss you off and that's no fun," Zayn said. "So we're leaving now,"

And just like that, they were gone.

A/N:

Hi! Thank you for reading! It means so much to me as always! I hope you have a lovely day! :)