Chapter 5

Harley is pacing near the stairs while Stiles and Allison talk.

"What are you doing?" Stiles asks her.

"I think-" Allison sighs, sounding near tears. "I think I have to call my dad." Harley stops abruptly, scaring the two.

"You can't," Harley says. "You can't call him."

"But what are we supposed to do?" Allison asks. "They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia."

Harley hesitates, then pulls Allison in for a hug. "I'm not going to let them do that," she says as she pulls away. She keeps hold of Allison's hand, and grabs Stiles' too. "I'm not going to let them hurt her."

"What can you do, though?" Stiles asks. "What can you do that Allison can't?"

Harley smiles slightly. "You'd be surprised." She goes over to where everyone laid their backpacks and grabs Allison's knives, handing them to her. "Thanks for the offer, but I've got my own." She pulls out a case that within holds two long batons, pulsing slightly with energy. She raises one in either hands to show the two teens. "My mom has a friend who made them. They're elec-"

"Electroshock batons," Stiles breathes out in awe. Harley cocks her head in confusion as Stiles blushes. "They're like Black Widow's." Harley chuckles.

"That's exactly what they're like," she confirms.

"Are your parents really that obsessed?" Allison teases.

"Please," Harley scoffs in amusement. "Where do you think Marvel Studios got the idea?"

"Wait, are you serious?"

"No, Stiles. She isn't serious." There's a beat of silence. "Right?" More silence as Harley goes to the window. Stiles and Allison stare at her for a moment, then at each other. 

"Woah," they sigh in unison.

They're each watching the pack from a separate window once Stiles speaks up. 

"I got an idea." He shifts his weight from one foot to the other as he stares at Allison's crossbow. "Just shoot one of 'em."

"Are you serious?" Allison whispers.

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it," he decides. "Or at least give it a shot, right?"

"Okay."

"Look, they don't think we're gonna fight. so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em."

Allison pulls back the curtain to peek outside. "Which one?"

"Uh... Derek," Stiles says. "Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head."

"If Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can. Right, Harley?"

"Yeah," Harley agrees, speaking absentmindedly as she continues to observe the group. Something seems off, but she doesn't know what. "Hey, guys, I think-"

"Okay, uh, just shoot one of the other three then," Stiles interrupts, ignoring her. 

"Two," Allison corrects. 

"No, I mean three," Stiles says, looking outside. The color drains from his face. "Where the hell is Isaac?"

"Damn it," Harley mutters, realization kicking in, spinning just in time to see him walking down the hall. He walks with confidence, despite her being out of his eyesight range. He walks like it's going to be an easy fight, but he should know by now that she is anything but easy. He throws Allison to the side and makes his way toward Stiles. He can't smell me, Harley jolts further into the shadows once she realizes. He isn't picking up on my scent. He doesn't know I'm here. Why? 

Figure it out later, she decides. She tackles Isaac once she sees him hovering over Stiles, threatening to scratch him. He looks up at her as she holds him to the ground, obviously confused. 

"You know, for a wolf, you aren't very good at assessing your surroundings," she muses, yelping as he throws her off of him. She rolls and gets back up, dodging his claws swinging at her head. "Could've killed you there if I had a gun, and you wouldn't have even noticed. I'm not too good for killing, don't get me wrong. It's just, despite how big of a douchebag you are, you're too cute to kill." She's dancing around all of his hits, smirking as the anger on his face grows. Both sides know they aren't going to seriously injure the other, but he still cannot understand why he isn't hitting her. 

"You talk a lot for being in a fight, you know?" He asks, huffing as she ducks yet again.

"This isn't much of a fight, I'm afraid," she says. She's been dodging every hit he sent, and hasn't even swung once. She doesn't need to. She's just trying to distract him, and it seems to be working. 

He growls, launching himself forward, grabbing at her waist. They both tumble to the ground, and Isaac feels a warm liquid flow down his arm. It's blood, he realizes. Her blood. His last hit must've actually worked, and his claws are buried into the skin above her hip bone. Harley groans in pain and glares up at him, shoving him off her as she stands. He's surprised by the strength she used, and even more surprised by the glowing red of her eyes. 

She touches the wound, and pulls her hand back to see her finger tips coated in blood. She blinks once, and the red is gone. Isaac wonders if he just imagined it. He scrambles to his feet, and the two stare at each other for a moment. He expects her to yell, scream, attack, anything. What he doesn't expect her to do is smirk. 

"Now, this is a fight," she comments, before flicking her wrists and the two short batons she has grow longer. "Don't worry, I won't completely embarrass you." However, she still doesn't move like he expects her to. She stares for a moment, then lunges to Isaac's left. He goes to the right to dodge her hit, so she thrusts out the baton in her left hand and hits him square in the chest, electrocuting him. As he falls to the ground, she looks up and to see Scott staring at her, wide-eyed.

"What?" she asks. "I said I wouldn't completely embarrass him." Scott shakes his head in awe, then heads upstairs to help Allison. He's only gone for a few moments, just until he comes back dragging Erica's paralyzed body. Harley looks at Allison, nodding in appreciation. "Nice."

Allison smiles. "Thank you."

Scott throws both Erica and Isaac's bodies at Derek's feet as he, Allison, and Stiles step onto the porch. Harley stays at the doorway, hidden slightly from the light, but still visible if someone looked hard enough. 

"I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott," Derek says. "You're not an omega. You're already an alpha of your own pack." He smiles, just slightly. "But you know you can't beat me." 

"I can hold you off until the cops get here," Scott says. 

As sirens start to sound louder, Harley steps forward out of the doorway, standing on Scott's left side. Derek blinks at her. "Who are you?"

Harley smiles. "Good to see you too, Hale."

Derek raises his eyebrows, pausing for a moment before speaking. "Didn't peg you for a packmate, Rogers."

"Didn't peg you for a pedophile, but here we are." Suddenly, the group can hear footsteps scurrying above, and they step off the porch to see the Kanima on the roof. Lydia then storms out of the house.

"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Lydia asks. 

Scott looks at Harley, who is already staring at him with a grimace on her face. "It's Jackson," he realizes. 

**A/N I'm sorry my updating is so wild but I'm glad people are enjoying the story! Also please remember these are still unedited, I'll be going back at a later date but I want to get the story out there!