Chapter 20

Harley stays on the ground as Matt brings the McCalls to the cell room alongside Sheriff Stilinski. She waits till the group sounds occupied, and she pulls herself up. She slips out of the room before Matt can see her. She heads into the office, where Derek and Stiles are strewn across the floor.

"What's going on?" Derek asks. "Is everyone all right? We heard gunshots."

"Scott's hit," Harley says sharply, digging for her phone in the desk. "He'll heal."

"He hit him twice?"

"He aimed for me too." She pauses for a moment. "He missed." 

"Thank God for that, huh?" Stiles says. "You would've just like, died." At her unimpressed look, he rushes to correct himself. "Not that you're weak or anything. You just aren't supernatural." She doesn't respond in an effort to keep her behavior neutral. If Derek notices anything, he doesn't speak up.

"Right," Harley says, clearing her throat pointedly. She tries to shoot her mom an SOS, cursing when she finds her phone dead. She scrambles out of the office when she hears Matt coming down the hall. She hides in a storage closet until the boys leave the office. She moves to go back to the office, but stops short when she finds Jackson guarding the door. She grabs the nearest thing and throws it in the opposite direction. Startled, Jackson runs after it, giving her the chance to slip into the office and shut the door. She comes into the end of a conversation between Stiles and Derek.

"...Like triggering the healing process," Derek says. 

"I can do that," Harley chimes in, grabbing three pens off the desk and jamming them multiple times into Derek's thigh.

"Son of a-"

"Shhh, you don't wanna alert them. Heal up, grab Stiles, and let's go."

"You're horrible." Before they could get anywhere, the power shut down in the building. "Shit."

"What?" Stiles asks. "What is it?"

"Hunters," Harley sighs. "The Argents are here." Soon after, Scott sprints into the room, looking wildly between the three.

"Take him!" Derek urges. Scott looks at Harley hesitantly, who returns the glance.

"Give me your belt," she tells Scott.

"Huh?" he asks, but hands her the belt anyway.

"Go," she says. "Now."

"Why do you need a belt?" Derek asks as she helps him up.

"I don't have rope."

"Right."

"You don't get where I'm going with this, do you?"

"Absolutely not." He looks up at her and flashes his red eyes. "Not that it matters now. Let's go kick some ass."

Harley leaves Derek once she knows he's safe, running into Scott in the hall. He grabs her wrist and pulls her with him, stopping short once someone turns the corner. He shoves her behind him and flicks out his claws, but relaxes once he sees who it is.

"Allison?" he asks breathlessly.

"Where's Derek?" she asks, crossbow aimed at him.

"What are you doing?"

"If you're not going to tell me, then get out of my way."

"Allison-"

"Where is he?" She pulls her crossbow away.

"What happened t-" He's cut short when she, again, aims her crossbow at his chest. Harley pushes out from behind him at this motion, ready to fight despite having minimal weapons.

"You need to stay away from me right now," Allison says.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Harley hisses. Allison tries to push past her, but Harley shoves her back.

"Just let her go," Scott murmurs. Harley glares at him in disbelief before stepping aside.

"Your funeral," Harley scoffs. The two stand there for a moment, Scott staring after Allison. "Well, come on. Don't just stand there like an idiot, you have to do something right tonight."

"Hey!" 

Harley runs into the cell room, finding the Kanima staring down Mrs. McCall. She takes Scott's belt and wraps it around his neck, yanking him away from the bars, giving Scott room to shove his nails into his back, pulling him away from both girls. Mrs. McCall drops to the ground, calling out for Scott, who continues to avoid her eye. He can only avoid the inevitable for so long, until her turns and reveals his werewolf form to his mother. Harley can only watch on in horror at the fear on his mother's face; the fear stemming from her own son. 

Once the silence becomes too unbearable, Harley speaks up. "Go, Scott," she whispers, gently nudging him out of the room. "Derek is going to need you." 

Once he leaves, Harley sighs deeply before turning to Mrs. McCall. "He may look like a monster to you right now, but that is your son. He is still Scott, and he is still one of the best kids you could ever get. Do not ruin that. Do not let this be the way you lose your son, Mrs. McCall, because one day he's gonna fight a battle, and he will not win. Once that day comes, you will not want to be the one who shunned him. You will want to be the one who made those days till then greater." She stares at his mother for a moment longer, who looks back at her in shock. "Now, I'm going to go support that son of yours since you won't."

Harley is stopped in the hallway by Derek, who is obviously listening in to a conversation around the corner. He holds a finger to his lips, and she stands silently next to him.

"What are you doing here?" Scott hisses at someone else in the hall. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this."

"Trust me, I'm aware of that," the other voice responds. 

"Is that Gerard?" Harley whispers to Derek. He nods tersely. 

"I've done everything that you've asked of me," Scott whispers. "I'm part of Derek's pack, I've given you all the information that you wanted, I told you Matt was controlling Jackson-"

"And leave him to us," Gerard consoles Scott. "Help your friends. Leave Matt and Jackson to me. Deal with your mother. Go!" Harley presses further back against the wall as Scott runs past, hand covering her mouth. Derek looks down at her in what she thinks is concern.

"Scott's betraying us?" she breathes.

"I'm sorry," Derek says. "But we need to go." He grabs her wrist and pulls her out of the station, leaving her thoughts trailing behind.

**A/N I have a tiktok under the same username if you guys wanted to check it out! I'm gonna try to post info about updates and other important stuff

Hoping for Heroesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें