Chapter 19

Harley follows behind Stiles as they walk into the Sheriff's office. Matt pulls up the rear with the gun pressed to the back of Harley's head. He shoves her into the room, Scott pulling her to him when she stumbles.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly. She nods once in response, angry for not being able to defend herself.

"Matt?" Sheriff Stilinski asks. "It's Matt, right?" Matt nods in response. "Matt, whatever's going on, I can guarantee there's a solution that doesn't include a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are," Matt says. Harley exchanges a quick look with Stiles, taking a sharp intake of breath.

"I know you don't wanna hurt people-"

"Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded. One way is by trying to dial someone on your cellphone, like McCall is doing." Scott quickly pulls his hand out of his pocket. "That-that could definitely get someone hurt." He gestures to the table with his gun. "Everyone. Now!" 

"Come on." Harley hesitantly places her phone on the desk, silently cursing at the fact she couldn't get a text to her mom first.

The four are near the jail cell where Matt is forcing Stiles to handcuff him to the wall. After doing so, he shoves the three teens out of the room. They're walking down the hall until Scott stops, staring into another wing of the hallway in horror. Harley steps up to look around him, and inhales sharply at the sight of three dead bodies.

"What, are you gonna kill everyone in here?" Scott asks. Harley shivers at the smile on Matt's face.

"No, that's what Jackson's for," Matt says. "I just think about killing them, and he does it." Harley has to hold back the bile in her throat at the site of a claw reaching forward and dragging one of the bodies out of sight.

Harley stands with Matt's gun pressed to her back as the boys delete all evidence of Matt's involvement with the murders.

"Deleted," Stiles says. "And we're done. All right, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they kill you first, whatever that means, I think we're good here, right? I'll just get my dad, and we'll go, you know? You can continue on the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima." The group turns to look outside when headlights pass through the blinds.

"Sounds like your mom's here, McCall," Matt smirks.

"Matt," Harley sighs. "Don't do this."

"When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave," Scott says. "I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt." Harley winces as she hears the front door open. Matt, however, visibly lights up at the sound. 

"If you don't move," Matt laughs, "Now, I'm gonna kill Stiles, first, then Harley, and then your mom."

The four arrive at the doorway, Matt forcing Scott forward. "Open it," Matt demands.

"Please," Scott begs.

"Open the door." Scott swallows hard before opening the door. Rather than Mrs. McCall, however, Derek Hale is staring back at them.

"Oh, thank God," Scott sighs. Harley can't help but let a small smile slip. Despite her rough relationship with the man, she'd much rather have him with them than Scott's mom. The relief, however, is short lived as Derek falls to the ground in front of them. Looming over him is Jackson, claws still out after retracting them from Derek's neck.

Harley mutters under her breath. "Fu-"

"This is the one controlling him?" Derek asks. "This kid?"

"Well, Derek," Matt drawls, "Not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf." It falls silent in the room. "Oh yeah, that's-that's right! I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, Kanimas. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"

"Abominable snowman," Stiles says, and Harley shakes her head. "But, uh, it's more of like a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal."

"Oh my God," Harley sighs, exasperated. Before anyone can respond, Jackson swipes the back of Stiles' neck, rendering him paralyzed.

"You bitch," Stiles chokes out as he falls to the ground, on top of Derek.

"Get him off me," Derek grunts.

"Oh, I don't know, Derek," Matt says, shaking his head aggressively. "I think you two make a pretty good pair. It must kind of suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth. Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch," Stiles chimes in. Harley is startled at the sound of another car pulling up.

"Is that her?" Matt asks in mock concern. "Do what I tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her."

"Scott, don't trust him!" Matt flips Stiles around and applies pressure on his throat. 

"Is this better for you?" Harley jolts forward to help, but Scott holds her back.

"Just stop!" Scott yells. "Stop!"

"Then do what I tell you to," Matt demands.

"Okay," Scott agrees. "All right. Stop!" Matt stares at him for a moment, then steps away from Stiles.

"You," Matt says, gesturing at Jackson. "Take him in there." He gestures to Scott and Harley, "You two with me."

Mrs. McCall walks in just as Harley, Scott, and Matt step through the doorway. "Mom?" Scott calls, and Mrs. McCall sighs in relief.

"You scared me," she says. "Where is every-" she falters when she sees the gun being held to Scott's head.

"Mom, just do what he says," Scott pleads. "He promised he wouldn't hurt you."

"He's right," Matt agrees, lowering the gun. He quickly redirects it, firing one shot at Harley's thigh and another into Scott's abdomen. Both teens drop, Scott out of pain, Harley out of precaution. Scott's mom screams, and Stiles' dad calls out for the teens. "I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you two."

"Baby-" Mrs. McCall starts, but Matt ushers her back.

"Mom, stop, mom!" Scott yells. Harley shifts slightly, confused as to why she isn't feeling any pain. She looks at her thigh, expecting to see red seeping through her pants. What she isn't prepared for is the bullet to be lying on the ground next to her, never even having made contact, while a faint red glow emanated from it.

**A/N sorry guys I like forgot about this oops