Chapter 24. A Small Upgrade

"Hey Jarvis." - Talking

'I wish I had Jarvis.' - Thinking

"All systems up and running." - Jarvis, Phone call, Robot making noise, Flashback.

"Hello there." - Person with heavy accent speaking.

Iron Man. - Time, POV, A/N, Location, All Might Speaking.

~~

Izuku Midoriya's POV

I open the door to my room with the robots behind me when suddenly a huge wave of pain hits my body, causing me to fall down. I shout out in pain as I hear Jarvis speaking to me but I block it out.

I order for the robots to close my door and for Jarvis to stop talking. I try sitting up but it feels like All Might in his prime just punched me directly in the chest, so I resort to crawling. "Jarvis." I weakly call out.

"Give me a boost." I command him and suddenly the Arc Reactor glows a lot brighter, making me sigh in relief. The boost is something I designed in case the Arc Reactor started to fail, and when activated makes the powers of the Arc Reactor slightly stronger to give me a chance to survive. 

I slowly stand up and walk over to my desk, pushing a button on it that causes a metal table and some monitors that are hooked up to my heartbeat to rise out of the ground. I walk over to the metal table and lay down. 

"Can you bring Experiment 3-B over here Dum-E?" I ask the robot and they respond by bringing a metal briefcase over to the table I am laying on. I grab it and open it and take out the components that were lying in there. 'Thank you past me!' I think in my head as I begin to assemble the device.

"Hey Jarvis? Can you call Melissa over?" I ask him and he responds with a "Yes Sir."  And I am met with the noise of a phone ringing for a few seconds before it gets picked up. "Hello?" I hear her voice and relax for a second before realizing this is no time to relax!

"Hey Melissa. I sort of need your help. It's vital you get over here now or I may never get to see your beautiful face again." I say through the phone and hear her stutter in embarrassment before saying she would be over in five minutes.

And, five minutes later I get a knock on my door. "Yes?" I call out through the door. "It's me!" Melissa responds and I unlock it by using an app on my phone. "Come in." I tell her and she walks in the room and gasps.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that I am shirtless with all my scars exposed right now? "Close the door." I tell her and she listens. "Good. Now come over here." I say as I finish assembling the device I mentioned a few minutes ago.

"Isn't this the thing that is keeping you alive?" She asks with fear in her voice. "It was. Now it's an antique, outdated. This on the other hand." I say as I raise the new device which is actually a better version of the Arc Reactor "Will be keeping me alive." I tell her as she nods.

"Oh and yes I would've done this myself but I ran into a problem." I sigh and she shoots me with a confused glance. "There is an exposed wire under this device that is contacting the socket wall that is causing a bit of a problem" I say as I slowly take the Arc Reactor out of my chest, but keeps the wire that hooks it up to my chest in. "Three. Two." I count myself down as I pull out the wire. 

"Okay what can I do to help?" She asks me as I hand her the old Arc Reactor. "You can set this over on the table. Or you can reach down into the hole in my chest and gently lift the wire out." I tell her and she nods.

"But don't-" "Touch the socket wall with the exposed wire or else it will shock you. I know I'm something of a scientist myself." She says as she reaches into the hole in my chest where the Arc Reactor used to be. "Okay the copper wire." I tell her.