Chapter 12. Arc Reactor

Hey Jarvis." - Talking

'I wish I had Jarvis.' - Thinking

"All systems up and running." - Jarvis, Phone call, Robot making noise.

"Hello there." - Person with heavy accent speaking.

Iron Man. - Time, POV, A/N, Location

~~

Izuku's POV- The Cave

As soon as David and I are put in the station we are supposed to be working in, he pulls me to the side away from the security cameras.

"Are you crazy?!" David yells at me. "Yes, but hear me out." I say to him and he glares at me. "If we switch out your electromagnetic battery for my idea then I can be working at full capacity!" I tell him and he sits in his chair staring at me.

"But what if it goes wrong? I can't risk that! I need you!" He pleads. I stare down at the ground. "We have to try." I say.

David sighs before nodding his head, "Okay." He says and I flash him a smile before getting to work. The plan is that instead of giving them the materials I need for the Jericho, I gave them the materials I need for a new chest piece.

At first I didn't know what to replace it with, but then it hit me. My Arc Reactor, sure I don't have one. 'But I did just finish the blueprints for it, so it shouldn't be that hard. Right?' I think to myself before getting to work.

I go over to a bunch of my tech that they obtained and start to harvest items from them that I will need. "It would be better if you included me in the planning process." David says as I disassemble a missile they created with my tech. 

"Don't need this!" I say as I break open the side panel and throw it across the room. David sighs as I continue to gather ingredients. Finally I find what I'm looking for. "Thank god!" I say as I take out the small, thin piece of metal and walk over to all the items sit down. 

"What's this?" David asks. "It's palladium, 0.15 grams. We need at least 1.6 so go and break down the other 11." I say and flash him a smile before going to the furnace to melt it down.

An hour and thirty minutes later we finally melt down all the palladium and put all of it into a cup. Then we go over to the mold I made to make the palladium into a very thin circle. 

David holds the cup with tongs as he walks over to the cup to pour the palladium into. "Okay be careful.." I say as he approaches to cup. "Careful man we only have on shot at this!" I say as he sighs. "Relax I have steady hands. You would be dead if I didn't." He says as I look at my chest before looking back up.

He then successfully, pours the liquid metal in the mold and I go make the other components while it forms. I mostly do everything but David helps some. And finally we stop for a break. "Man this is tiring." I mumble as I lay on my futon. "Yeah." David agrees.

An awkward silence falls upon us "I will go check on the palladium." I say to break the tension. I get up and see that it has formed. "Yes!" I shout as David rushes over to me to inspect it.

Then we assemble all the components together and hook it's wire to my electromagnetic battery before putting it in my body. I gasp as I feel energy surge through me before feeling a lot better. "I think it worked.." I mumble before looking at David who looks happy.

"I know it should keep the shrapnel out of your heart, but what does it generate?" He asks me and I gladly answer. "If my math is correct, which it always is. Three gigajoules per second."

"That could run your heart for fifty life-times.." He says as I smile at him. "Or something big for fifteen minutes." I say as I pick up a bunch of yellow pieces of paper. "This is phase two, our ticket out of here." I tell him as he looks confused. "Flatten it out." I instruct and he complies and sees the plans for a weaponized suit I drew up.

" I instruct and he complies and sees the plans for a weaponized suit I drew up

(NOT MY IMAGE) 

"Oh wow... this is very impressive." He says as he looks it over. "But for now lets focus on swapping out the battery okay?" He says and I nod. 'I will get out of here.' I think before going to lay down and let David insert the arc reactor.

That's all for this chapter! THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME TO 1K READS!! It's so awesome and you guys are so great. I really wanted to get a chapter out today because I didn't post anything yesterday. Thank you all again so much. Peace out!