Chapter Nine- Reactions to actions.

~~Kerrison's point of view~~

It's Saturday. I have paid attention, I have watched all week. I didn't let them know I was watching. I love my sister, but she is truly a bitch to Cinnamon. Even Karter flinches at some of the stuff she says to her. I will handle this as soon as they come home Sunday night. I can fully understand why Cinnamon feels the way she does.

I hear Kyzer cry. I was already awake, but I lay there and waited for her to go get him to listen five minutes pass and no Cinnamon. I get up and go get him. As I make my way to the kitchen with him, Cinnamon comes through the front door with her shoes in her hand.

Kerrison: "Morning."

She jumps.

I don't have to ask where she was. I already know. I don't fucking like it. I realize some of my avoiding her is because I am attracted to her. It was better for me to stay away than to be close to her.

Cinnamon: "Good morning. I'm sorry I'm late. I've been good at getting back before he gets up."

Kerrison: "You mean this isn't the first time?"

Cinnamon: "No. I've stayed with him all week."

Fuck. How have I missed that? There isn't any way I can compete with Arlington. I don't even know if I want to compete with him. I just know I don't want him with her. She deserves better than him. He is a player.

Kerrison: "You complain about time with him, but then you squander your time when you do have it."

Cinnamon: "That isn't fair, Kerrison. I have been living in hell for three months. He is the first ray of hope that I have had since walking through that door the first time."

I don't doubt that after what I have seen myself this week. I still don't like that she's spending time with Arlington. Especially time that isn't witnessed by someone else. I'm not her keeper. She is an adult. I can't stop her from being with him; I don't have to like it.

Kerrison: "Just be careful with him, please."

Kyzer reaches for her.

Kyzer: "Mama."

I see tears form in her eyes. I don't say anything, but she doesn't take him either.

Cinnamon: "How do you want me to handle that, Kerrison?"

Tears slide down her eyes. My heart hurts for her; I put her in this position. I have to make it right. I am going to make it right.

Kerrison: "Please take him. He wants you."

She drops her shoes, grabs him then goes to the living room with him. I know she's losing it. That was the first word I heard him say. I know she doesn't address herself to him as mom or mama. She has always said her name. I know that it's killing her.

I go to my room and shower. I'll take him when I'm done; I'm sure she needs to shower too; as I walk to my room, the doorbell rings. I don't even have to pretend I don't know who it is. They won't be alone long.

As soon as I showered, I went back out. She was there alone.

Kerrison: "I thought I heard the doorbell."

Cinnamon: "You did."

Kerrison: "Where did he go?"