Chapter 22: Rome Has Fallen

Summary of the story so far- Percy Jackson after helping to win The Giant War is offered not just Godhood but a seat on the Olympian council! Percy, making the same choice from the Titan War, denies the gift and instead requests that Hades and Hestia reclaim their thrones on the council. Zeus, although hesitant, agreed to the young hero's request and allowed his two elder siblings to join the Olympian ranks. However, Hestia argued that Percy should still be allowed a spot on the council, arguing that an odd number of Olympian would bring more benefits to internal affairs. The king, not wanting to be refused twice and bring more embarrassment upon himself, agrees to his sister's request and grants Percy Godhood. And so Percy Jackson is named the fifth-tenth Olympian, the God of Warfare, Assassins, Darkness and Loyalty. The seventeen year old God became a powerful one and his powers seemed to only increase after receiving blessings of healing and fire from Hestia and beauty from Aphrodite.

Percy is then ordered to be trained by Artemis in the ways of an Olympian and is sent to her camp of "Friendly" maidens. During his grueling training, monsters invade the hunters camp, seeking to kill them all. One of these monsters is captured by Percy and is quickly forced to reveal who ordered the attack. Moros, The spirit of War and Doom was the one behind it and would soon begin a war against Olympus for his pursuit of revenge and world dominance. The Olympians, who feared Moros for his power, quickly ordered the demigods to prepare for war and demanded that Percy trained harder as he would have to be the one to fight against the evil spirit. However, there was only so much the young hero could do before the battle began and in order for him to become powerful enough to defeat Olympus's foe, Hades sends Percy on a quest to Tartarus to find the armor of Tartarus and complete a millennia old prophecy which spoke of his sword being drenched in all five of the underworld's waters.

During his journey in Tartarus Percy takes a cyclops by the name of Rex hostage and makes him lead him to all of the rivers where Percy could complete one of his two objectives. However, it wouldn't be a good story if something terrible didn't happen while Percy was in the hell of all hells. He's captured by the Titan Hyperion and is sent to a gulag where he is tortured and forced to fight. During his fights Percy had to kill his cyclops friend who gave him an opportunity to escape the prison. On the run, Percy is eventually cornered in the Styx's waters where he jumps into it only to find the Goddess of that very river in front of him. And what made the situation even more awkward was that he just drove his sword through Pallas's neck, the Titan she was married to! Instead of being upset, Styx was actually relieved her husband was dead for good, thanks to Percy and his sword that now held the power of all five rivers. To show her appreciation, Styx unveils the armor of Tartarus and allows Percy the chance to claim it for his own. After touching the armor, Percy is thrusted into a different dimension where he talks to Tartarus himself. The ruler of hell deems the son of Poseidon worthy to wear his armor and sends him to show what power truly means. Percy then gruesomely kills the Titan of the East and returns back to the mortal world only to learn that his girlfriend betrayed Olympus, killed his parents and led an attack against Camp Half-Blood.

Percy, enraged at his once lover, tries to fight her, only to learn that she and a now reanimated Luke Castellan received powers from Moros himself and has powers on par with an Olympian. During his time in the occupied camp he finds documents pertaining to Moros's war efforts and uncovers plans of an attack against Rome! Percy, showing all this information to the Olympian council, is then ordered to lead a demigod army to reinforce Rome and hopefully save it from a fate similar to Camp Half-Blood.

-Percy-

"Shit." Percy whispered to himself as he watched the scene in front of him unfold. Rome, a once beautiful city was scorched in a blanket of a blazing orange, illuminating the dark, night sky. Homes, barracks, and countless other buildings were either being burnt to the ground or raided by the orcs of Moros's army. Screams of the citizens filled the air and strangely enough, he could recognize what type of screams filled his ears. A mother was being ripped apart in front of her daughter, a man was being burned alive while trapped underneath rubble and another being crucified to a burning post while the orcs laughed around them. "We're too late." Percy announced to the army behind him who could only watch in a shocked silence. Some of the soldiers cried out as they watched the city in front of them fall and their friends being killed. After the alliance between the two camps, demigods of both pantheons grew close to one another and shared stories about the past two wars. Even going as far to allow them to stay in each other's camps for a period of time. And to watch all those bonds and relations crumble beneath them must've been a shock, especially to Percy considering he was once Praetor of New Rome.