Chapter Thirteen

Pant
Pant
Pant

"I see him!"

Pant

"Fire!"

"Fuck!" Percy yelled as an arrow hit his shoulder. He had been running from Pallas, Hyperion and their guards for almost an hour now. Normally, he shouldn't have a problem running for an hour but Tartarus has taken its toll on his body. He was hungry, tired, battered and bloody. Most of all, he was tired of fucking running. He wanted to kill these bastards as painfully as possible but the opportunity hadn't presented itself yet. Percy suddenly tripped on some protruding glass from the ground causing his leg to be sliced open. He hissed in pain as he fell to the ground.

"Where'd he go!?" Percy heard a guard yell. As quickly and quietly as possible he crawled into a little crevice in a rock. It was a tight space and he could barely fit in but it was better than running. Percy could feel the warm ichor drip down his leg and could feel it pulsating. He needed to get healed soon or else he could pass out from blood loss.

"Hold up I found something!" Percy heard a guard yell from a stone's throw away. He etched himself deeper into the dark crevice and waited. Footsteps soon entered his ears as his hand crept into his pocket, prepared to pull out Riptide. "It's ichor!" A monster yelled as he dipped his fingers into it, tasting the Godly essence.

"He couldn't have gone far considering how much is here." Another monster exclaimed.

"You go off and scout out the area I'll stay here and look around." The guard said standing back up. The other monster seemed to agree as one pair of footsteps began to fade away. Percy watched the guard as he began to check behind the rocks and bushes. This is a good time to get some of these fuckers off my back Percy thought to himself. But he had to do this silently or risk getting exposed.

Whistle

"Uh? Who's there!" The guard exclaimed looking for the source of the sound. Percy waited a couple moments before whistling again. The guard raised his weapon as he slowly crept closer to Percy's hiding spot. "Once I find you, I swear I'll eat you whole." The guard growled as he finally arrived at the crevice in the wall. Percy pulled out his pen and pointed it at the entrance of the crevice, waiting to the guard to make a mistake. The guard grinned as he thought he finally caught the prisoner and kneeled down to look inside the hole. But all that greeted him was a flash of celestial bronze.

Percy grunted as he struggled to pull out his sword from the skull of the guard. His strength was beginning to wain. After a couple more moments of struggling he finally pulled free from the skulls grasp. Percy crawled free from the crevice and stood up. He was safe for now but the guards were still in the area looking for him. It didn't help that he was hurt, had no supplies and had two Titans and their goonies after him. Percy capped his sword as he looked around. He spotted a cliff that was probably a mile ahead of him. If he could get to the top of that cliff he could survey the land and possibly find the Styx,The last river. He sure as hell wasn't going to give up and leave Tartarus. He still had a mission to complete as it was for the fate of Olympus.

Percy grunted as a line of blood spurted out his leg and shoulder. He put a hand to his leg to stop the bleeding but there wasn't much else he could do to clot the bleeding.

"My blessing"

Percy spun around to find the voice. "Hestia!?" He said aloud. Percy looked around for his aunt but to no avail could he spot her. I'm going crazy Percy said to himself. He's spent way to much of his time in the hell hole and now it was finally catching up to him. Percy was about to continue his walk towards the cliff when he suddenly remembered what Hestia's imaginary voice had told him. The blessing! Hestia had blessed him with fire when he became a God. He could use that to help out with the bleeding. Percy sat down on the ground and let out a deep breath. This was going to use a lot of his energy but he needed to do this to stop the bleeding.