Chapter Two

"Pssst. Perce. Wake up man." A voice quietly said into my ear. I immediately shot up with riptide in my hand, rammed the intruder into the wall and put riptide to his neck.

"Woah Woah Woah. It's just me dude." The person whimpered. My vision finally cleared from the adrenaline rush and I got a good look at the so called intruder.

"Hermes?"

"Yeah it's me. Can you get your sword out of my neck." I backed off and capped riptide. "Thanks." He said rubbing his neck.

"What do you want? It's.. five in the morning." I said glancing at the clock in shock. I couldn't remember the last time I woke up this early.

"There's a council meeting in an hour. I just wanted to let you know so you'll be prepared." He said walking around my room. To say I was surprised would be true. I didn't expect Hermes to do such a nice thing for me.

"Thanks for letting me know. Isn't this council meeting supposed to be about me and who my trainer will be?" I asked. Hermes nodded his head in confirmation.

"Yeah. The reason for this is so that you can reign in your power, have better control, and learn our ways."

That's exactly what Artemis said last night. "How long does the training usually last?" I questioned.

Hermes shrugged his shoulders. "It varies. Some last a month. Some a year. It depends on your domains. And judging by yours you'll have a pretty long training session." Great. Just great and if I have Artemis as my trainer than that's just fan-fucking-tastic.

"In a hour?" I said with a eyebrow raised.

"In a hour." He confirmed. I nodded to Hermes in thanks as he teleported away to continue his messaging duties. I sighed. Well let's get the day started. I started off with a shower, brushed my teeth, didn't bother with the hair and put on a black t-shirt and ripped jeans. Wait couldn't I had just done everything I just did with a snap of my fingers? I groaned as I realized I could've. I looked over at the clock.

5:57

Fuck! I said and scrambled out the door. Wait! I can just teleport. I decided to give it a try but both happened. I sighed and tried again. Nothing.

"Fuck me. Please fates just be on my side for once!" I exclaimed. I took a deep breath. Where do I want to go. The throne room on Olympus. I kept on thinking on the Throne room until finally I began to feel myself flashing. Yes! Finally. After a couple more seconds I finally flashed away. I opened my eyes to find myself sitting on my throne.

"Sweet." I said to myself. I looked around to find the Throne room empty. What time is it?

6:02

Maybe they're a little bit behind. So I sat on my throne and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Until finally after an hour of waiting a flash illuminated the room. It was Zeus!

"Hello uncle." I greeted him. Zeus jumped at my voice.

"Percy? Wha-What are you doing here so early. I hadn't called the meeting into session yet." Of course he hadn't. Gods damn you Hermes.

"It seems your son Hermes has lived up to his name as THE prankster." I sighed.

Zeus laughed at my annoyance. "Yes it seems my son did the same thing to you as he did to Dionysus all those years ago." Well at least I'm not the sole receiver on this type of prank. Zeus sat on his throne and threw a small lightning bolt into the air. I guess that signaled the council to assemble. My guess came true as one by one each Olympian flashed into the room. I did t realize it but Artemis and Apollo were seated besides me on either side.