3 | Danger

" I wanna see a little more
Why are you hurrying home again?
It's very, very fine (Fine)
Go slowly, just slowly (Go) "

After Mr Kawazu's body was cremated and enshrined at a nearby ossuary, Yuna headed back home, feeling depressed and lonely

After Mr Kawazu's body was cremated and enshrined at a nearby ossuary, Yuna headed back home, feeling depressed and lonely. The house was going to be quiet now. It dawned on her that this will be her new norm now. She won't get to see her dad come back home anymore. He was really gone, for good.

"It's okay, Yuna. Don't be sad. He's with Mom now, resting peacefully." Yuna reassured herself.

At least, Mr Kawazu left something behind for his daughter: Asahi. When she opened the door, she saw him— it lying on the couch, humming a song.

"You're back." Asahi pointed out and sat up. "I just wrote a new song for you. It's called 'Orange'. I want you to listen to this whenever you feel sad."

Before Yuna could answer, Asahi opens his mouth and a calming instrumental starts playing and then he sings. Impressed, Yuna broke into a faint smile and clapped her hands along as he sang.

"You're the one
who's turning orange today
I feel like I'll go home
while feeling regretful
I want to spend more time with you Just like the sun goes down,
it will rise again
I want to see you tomorrow again
I think I'm going home feeling sad Unfortunately, the sunset is starting to appear today..."

The lyrics hit Yuna hard. It was as if Asahi could read her heart and soul so clearly. He had accurately described all of her emotions earlier on into such a beautiful song. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him gratefully.

"Thank you, Asahi." She told him before asking, "Do you feel sad as well? Your creator is gone now."

Asahi shook his head. "I'm a robot. I don't feel emotions, I don't have feelings."

Yuna frowned. I guess there was a flaw with this invention after all. Her father could get this robot to do anything with such a powerful software, except for a heart that could think and feel.

"Maybe I should teach you about feelings."

"I know. There are feelings of joy, happiness, sadness, anger, disgust, worry, anxiety, depression—"

"Yes, I know you do! But, you need to understand them."

Asahi raised an eyebrow. "Why should I?"

Yuna bit her lip. Right... Why did he need to learn about feelings? It's not as if he was going to the outside world and become a human like everyone else. Then, she remembered something important.