14 | Psycho

" On a windy night
Under a pitch-black sky
Where are you going?
I'm worried about you "

As Danny offered Jaehyuk a cup of water to drink, Yuna plugged in the charging device onto Asahi's back discreetly so he wouldn't notice

As Danny offered Jaehyuk a cup of water to drink, Yuna plugged in the charging device onto Asahi's back discreetly so he wouldn't notice. She couldn't risk having more people find out about the humanoid or it may complicate things.

"... Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents! I can't believe how much you two have been through." Danny commented, feeling guilty. "What does that psycho killer want from you guys?!"

Yuna wished she could know. If only she had asked her father that day. She still remembered hearing one of his last sentences — 'I won't share it with anyone' — before he disappeared and she never heard his voice again. What was the 'it'? Was it something her father possessed? Maybe it was something expensive, she couldn't tell.

"I am back! I am back!" Asahi cried, his eyes opening once again as energy flowed through his body. "Oh, it's you again."

The robot did not look pleased to see Jaehyuk standing there. Ever since they had first met, Asahi always saw Jaehyuk as a rival. He did not know why, but for some reason, he could not find anything good in that man. Asahi watched as Yuna put her arm around Jaehyuk's shoulder, consoling him.

"It was too late, I couldn't stop him. Junkyu took all of them, but I managed to escape since I knew a secret way out of the penthouse." Jaehyuk explained, rolling up his sleeves to show them the scars.

How could Junkyu do this? Yuna had suspected her cousin all along, but now that it was really him, she couldn't bring herself to believe it.

"Then how did you find Yuna?" Kyle questioned.

Jaehyuk stared at Kyle. "I tracked the car that Asahi drove in and found it here. I remembered the plate number. But, what are you doing here Yuna?"

Yuna scratched her head. Why was I here? All she remembered was finishing breakfast at Danny and Kyle's and waking up in the hospital bed afterwards. She turned to Asahi, who shrugged his shoulders.

Danny saw Yuna's confused expression and remained silent. After they had spoken to the doctor, who had advised them to help Yuna as much as they could to regain her memories step by step, all of them agreed to keep this a secret from her. Especially now with so many things happening at once, Yuna may not be able to cope with the stress.

"You were over-exhausted. Nothing serious. You'll be discharged tomorrow." Asahi whispered in her ear.

Frowning at Asahi, Jaehyuk excused himself to the bathroom.

__

Mashiho stared at the bowl of porridge in front of him. Why was Junkyu doing this? By giving us food, it shows that he doesn't want us dead.

"I think Junkyu doesn't know about Asahi." Mashiho whispered to the two, who were busy chugging down the porridge.

"I'm too hungry to care anymore, Mashi." Haruto mumbled, wiping his mouth. "We're gonna die. I already feel sick."

Yoshi pulled Haruto into his embrace and comforted the younger agent.

"He cannot find out. Remember what Akira said? Robots' memories can be easily rebooted and controlled. If Junkyu has some sort of motive, we better not endanger any more lives."

Just as Yoshi finished that sentence, the door busted open and Junkyu shoved Doyoung and Junghwan in, with Jihoon and Jeongwoo following behind, their faces had scratches and bleeding scars on them.

"What's going on?!" Mashiho demanded at Junkyu, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"My work here is done. If you want to get out of this place, you're going to have to tell me what that weak inventor possessed. I only need that." Junkyu said and added, "You have one week left. If I don't get a word by then, I will destroy you all."

Disappearing through the door, Mashiho waited until he heard the front door close before turning to the Koreans.

"How did this happen?!" Mashiho demanded.

"I'll tell you what the fuck happened. Kim Junkyu is a fucking psycho, and I'm going to kill him for doing this to my beautiful face." Jihoon spat while pointing at the scars near his left eye. "Doyoung-ah, your twin brother is a complete maniac! What is wrong with him?!"

Doyoung's head started to whirl. How could he stand there and watch them talk about his own brother like that? But they were right, Junkyu has gone crazy.

"Why is he doing this? I'm so scared." Junghwan asked.

"He won't kill us, he just wants the bot." Yoshi replied flatly.

"Bot? What bot?" Jihoon looked confused and alarmed. "Are we missing something?"

The agents glanced at one another. They realized that none of the four were aware about Junkyu's actual motive. Since it was clear who was behind everything, it seemed reasonable to tell them the truth.

"Alright, it's a long story. But to summarize, Akira invented a humanoid named Asahi for Yuna. A day before he died, Yuna overheard him talking to someone on the phone by the name of 'J', and he said that he wouldn't let them have it. We are guessing that whoever murdered him was 'J', and he's after Asahi. We don't know why but..." Mashiho's voice trailed off, unable to continue speaking.

Jihoon, Doyoung, Jeongwoo and Junghwan stared at one another in dismay.

"So Asahi's not a human?! Oh my gosh!" Junghwan exclaimed loudly, shocked by this piece of news. "I knew he was too weird to be the same species as us!"

"And was that why you suspected us, because we had the initial 'J' in our names?" Jeongwoo guessed, and Haruto nodded his head.

"Wait, I just realized something. Where's Jaehyuk?!" Yoshi bursted out, his eyes as big as saucers.

Jihoon shook his head.

"He was the only one who managed to escape before Junkyu could take him. It's a relief."

With a sigh, Doyoung stood up and paced around the small room. He wanted to speak with Junkyu so badly. One thing he knew for sure was that his brother was never into robotics, and he was never close to Uncle Akira even before Aunt Hyorin's death. Why would he want Asahi out of nowhere? He couldn't believe anything. Junkyu was not capable of this, he was not like that.

To Be Continued...

no sahi gif this time but instead i'm putting up this sacred selfie because he rarely posts and today we got double updates from him 🥲🥲 we all love photographer sahi 📸