24 | Obsession

" From dawn to morning
Yeah "

Everyone braced themselves as Asahi moved forward from his position

"Stay behind us." Mashiho instructed to the rest of them, who quickly obeyed his orders and shielded themselves.

Asahi smirked before dashing towards Haruto like a raging bull. Haruto fired a gunshot, but the humanoid's skin had indestructible material and didn't seem to take any effect from the bullet that was shot. Asahi punched Haruto in the stomach, causing him to collapse. At the same time, Yoshi and Mashiho helped to fight back, but even with their agility and speed, it was not enough to beat such a powerful android.

"Your turn." He said to Doyoung, who got protected by Jeongwoo. The knife Asahi was holding pierced through Jeongwoo's shoulder and blood spewed out.

"Jeongwoo!" Haruto cried, still sprawled on the ground.

Doyoung gasped when he saw the boy collapse. As he tried to check on him, Asahi came back. Jihoon threw himself at Asahi, enraged that the humanoid harmed his little brother.

"BASTARD!" Jihoon screamed, throwing hard punches at Asahi, who didn't feel any sort of pain.

"Asahi, please! Enough!" Yuna pleaded, holding Mashiho's gun up at him. "Please... Stop this."

Asahi gave her a long stare. Hope flickered in Yuna for a heartbeat, but immediately shattered when Asahi's next target became her. As he was about to slash her as well, something crashed through the glass windows. Yuna turned around and saw that they were drones.

"What is this?!" Jaehyuk demanded to Noa, who shrugged his shoulders worriedly.

~

An hour ago, Junghwan was sitting there inside the van by himself, busy keying things on Mashiho's laptop, ensuring that the group make a safe entrance into Jaehyuk's building.

Knock! Knock! He saw two familiar faces knocking on the van outside. It was Danny and Kyle, the house owners that let Yuna and Asahi live with for a while.

"What brings you here?!" He asked, pleasantly surprised.

"I wanted to see if you guys need any help! My dad has connections with the authorities here so I got him to track you guys down with the help of the satellites. It's... not as creepy as it sounds." Danny let out an awkward chuckle.

Kyle nodded his head to reassure Junghwan. "Don't worry, we came to help. Where are the rest?"

"They've made their way up to Jaehyuk's office, where Asahi is being held captive. I stayed here to help hack into the building's security systems so that Jaehyuk won't be able to find out they've intruded inside." Junghwan explained curtly, his eyes fixed on the screen.