18 | Torn

" Like a dream yet
as if it's not a dream,
you are like in a dream "

Jaehyuk has already graduated from the Osaka Institute of Technology, after going on to further studies and pursuing a Masters' Degree in Robotics, while Yuna had just begun her freshman year at an arts college, taking up practical music

Jaehyuk has already graduated from the Osaka Institute of Technology, after going on to further studies and pursuing a Masters' Degree in Robotics, while Yuna had just begun her freshman year at an arts college, taking up practical music. Mr Kawazu had left his company and set up his own small tech company. All was going well in their lives.

One evening, Jaehyuk returned home and Mr Kawazu had been waiting for him eagerly.

"Jaehyuk! I have some wonderful news to share with you." He cried.

"What news?" Jaehyuk asked curiously.

"My team and I are planning to create one of the most intelligent and advanced humanoid robot called Hikun. We are currently looking for all the top engineers of their field to partner with us on this project. I would certainly want you to join us. With your intelligence and top-notch skills, I'm sure we can build a one-of-a-kind humanoid that could impact humankind!" Mr Kawazu explained.

A humanoid robot? Jaehyuk thought for a while. He did have plans on starting his own business here in Osaka now that he already completed his scholarship at the university. As much as he could, he wanted to stay in Osaka. This project could be a stepping stone for him.

"Sure, I accept." Jaehyuk concluded and shook hands with Mr Kawazu, who was beaming with delight.

"Wonderful!"

Just as they finished talking, Yuna had just returned from lectures. Jaehyuk's eyes lit up when he saw her, but then there was another person behind her.

"I'm home!" She called.

"Who's this?" Jaehyuk asked, walking to her side.

"Oh, this is Arthur Hamada. We were from the same high school but we only got close this year since we take the same courses at college. He's a very talented composer and one of the best students in our course!" She told them and smiled at Arthur, who looked flattered. "He'll be joining us for dinner today, if you all don't mind."

Mr Kawazu went up to him.

"You're very handsome, young lad!" He complimented. "Are you Japanese?"

"Er, yes. I'm Japanese-American, but I'm an orphan." Arthur explained curtly.

"That explains the blonde hair." Mr Kawazu chuckled and motioned them to have a seat. "I've prepared dinner tonight so you three just wait at the living room first while I get ready."

Jaehyuk narrowed his eyes at Arthur, who was now sitting next to Yuna on the couch. He took a seat on a separate chair and stared at him intently.