25 | Home

" From dawn to morning
Yeah "

Junghwan spotted the group returning to the van and he immediately put the laptop down to check up on them

Junghwan spotted the group returning to the van and he immediately put the laptop down to check up on them. When he saw Jeongwoo's state, the teenager gasped loudly.

"What happened?!" He asked as he helped Haruto to carry Jeongwoo into the van.

Danny and Kyle came out as well, explaining how they found Junghwan and that they were the ones who helped to deploy the military's drones.

"We'll explain later. Jeongwoo's life is in danger, we need to send him to the nearest hospital ASAP." Mashiho told them urgently, motioning to Jihoon to get the van started.

As they headed off, Shotaro and his team were spying on them from a distance.

"Sir, what should we do now? Yoon Jaehyuk is too powerful now that he has that humanoid robot in his hands." An agent named Yuta pointed out.

"I know. We've underestimated the guy. Let's head back first, I'll contact Agent Takata afterwards." Shotaro replied before taking his leave.

~

"Park's wounds are quite deep and he lost a lot of blood during the process. We'll continue to monitor his vital signs for now in the ICU, so I'll let you know about his condition again." The surgeon explained to the group as they waited outside the ICU.

"Will he be alright?" Jihoon questioned anxiously.

The surgeon blinked his eyes and nodded his head curtly. "We will do our very best to recuperate him."

Jihoon thanked him before holding onto Haruto, who looked extremely traumatized. He had failed to protect his friend, and he couldn't forgive himself for that.

"Jeongwoo will get better, Ruto. Don't worry too much." Yoshi tried to comfort him, but pushed his hand away.

"What about Yuna? Are we really letting her marry that psychopath?" Kyle asked.

"We had no choice! Jaehyuk would've let my brother die right there if she didn't agree, and probably have the rest of us killed too!" Jihoon exclaimed in frustration. "She's just gonna have to become the wife of that nutcase."

Doyoung shook his head. "No, I'm not letting my cousin lose against Jaehyuk! We have to do something!"

Everyone stared at him, speechless. Attempt after attempt, they had failed. Jaehyuk was almost impossible to defeat, if only Asahi were on their side, there could still be hope, but now it seemed like there was none left for them.