𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

The wind whipped through my hair as it blasted through the open windows, the sound of Tony's car quickly approaching. My foot hits down harder on the gas, barreling down the driveway at top speeds. I change the gear and hit the brakes, coming to a hard stop as I drift into the parking lot of the facility. I turn the car off, bouncing on my feet as I get out.

"I told you I'd win Tony but you didn't listen! You owe me 50 bucks-Oh hey Steve." I stood in front of him with a wide grin, catching my breath. I rested my hands on my hips, Steve's face some look of simultaneous disappointment and confusion.
"Were you and Tony...racing?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"He told me I drive too slow."
"So you race him?"
"Yeah. And now he owes me 50 bucks."

Not even two seconds later Tony came around the corner of his car, holding out 50 bucks to me. I took it, putting it into my pocket and leaning on the car behind me.

"You look down in the dumps. Lemme guess, he turned into a baby?" Steve was silent. "Yeah it's that paradox I was telling you about. You're lucky we're here because we've got the solution to your little problem." I held up my wrist, showing off the bracers that me and Tony had come up with late last night.
"Fully functional time travel GPS bracelets. Should help us get from point in time A to point in time B without a hiccup. You can thank my impeccable mechanical skills for that by the way." Steve almost looked surprised, like he'd given up on a possible solution for the problem we were facing.
"Why don't you take the stuff inside and go talk to the others okay?" Tony handed me the case he'd pulled from my trunk full of equipment, my fingers wrapping around the handle as I lifted it and started to take it inside. I stopped right outside of the door when I heard Tony and Steve talking.

"Steve, we need to set some things straight before we do this. We get back what we lost, but we do not get rid of what we found. No changing back the clock, no reversing time. We get the stones to bring everyone back and leave what we have now the way it is."
"We'll try our best Tony, you know that."
"I know but...I want Y/N to get back what she doesn't have now but I don't want her to lose the growth she's been through. She's learned so much from this, no matter how terrible those lessons may have been. I'm just...I'm proud of her, that's all."
"She won't lose it Tony you know that."
"Yeah, I know."

I hurried up and left the entryway, wiping away a few of the stray tears that had started to fall down my face. I walked the small way back to the main area the rest of the team was at, setting the case down in the middle of the room.

"So, how's it going in here?"
"Well, we're kind of in the process of putting together a team." Bruce looked at me as I set down the case, my legs leaning against it as I looked at him.
"How can I help?"

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

"Yah know, I've never met a god before."
"Yeah well, there's a first time for everything."
"I have a feeling he won't like me very much."
"Best case, he talks your ear off. Worst case, he talks your ear off."

The truck we were riding in pulled up to the seaside town slowly, a sight that seemed similar to a port town you would find in history books. It was small, not more than 100 to 200 people. Cottages lined the seaboard and people milled about, taking cargo off of ships and loading it inland. When we left the truck Bruce approached a woman who seemed to be in charge, dark skin with her brown hair pulled out of her face.

"He really won't want to talk to you guys."
"We just need to talk to him for a few minutes."
"And I don't think he'll exactly listen. He doesn't come out much except to get more beer."
"The grief is that bad, huh?" The woman turned to me, hesitating before nodding.
"Grief and guilt are a poor mix. Poor guy is grappling with both right now."
"I know the feeling." I let out a sigh. If a god felt this much grief and let it break him down, I didn't have much hope.