𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

"Pete, you have no idea how good it is to hear your voice."
I let out a small smile, my shoulders relaxing as I took in the sight behind me. There were hundreds, maybe even thousands of people, which now set us on equal footing with the army in front of us. It was like I could finally breathe again; maybe I really could make it out alive. Maybe I could make it home and make up for my failures in the past. Even if I couldn't, or didn't, at least I could say that I tried. 

Steve looked at me, handing me Mjolnir with a smile. 
"Why don't you do the honors, kid."
I wrapped my fingers around the base of the hammer, taking it from his hands as the corners of my mouth turned up in a smirk. 
"Avengers? Assemble."

Within seconds, every member of the army behind me was running towards the opposing army in front of me, setting my legs into motion. I found my eyes narrowing in on the enemies ahead of me, body pulsing with energy from the pure amount of power being spilled into the air. It only edged me on, hands beginning to swirl and spark as I prepared to wipe the floor with these alien freaks. 

Before the first could even touch me, he was struck with a strong bolt of energy, practically burning him from the inside out. The strike branched off to the four other soldiers that surrounded him, hitting each of them square in the chest and sending them collapsing into the ground. With a quick movement of my hand, a rush of bright blue lightning came down from the sky and struck down another group of assailants. 

Noticing the struggle happening in the skies, I decided it best to leave the fight down below to Steve and the rest of the fighters. I tossed Mjolnir to Thor before taking to the air, the large jet streams of electricity yet again hitting an approaching force of enemy soldiers. I shot several strong blasts at the aliens who were flying above us, soon being flanked by Tony and Pepper who used me to create a triangle of protection.

"You wanna tell me about the hammer?"
"Aww, come on, you're just mad I'm worthy and you're not."

After a few more takedowns of the attacking aliens, me and Tony were hit out of the air, sending us sprawling to the ground and separated from Pepper. On the ground, we were met by the body of a huge alien tank, his arm swinging back in an effort to slam down on the two of us. With quick thinking I was able to send out a blast of energy, crackling green as it collided with a stream of white that came from behind the tank's body. He was yanked away from us and right into Scott's walking path, quickly becoming crushed under the large man's boot. 

I was frozen still as I was able to look at him up close for the first time in 5 years. He didn't look any different than he had on the day we traveled to Titan; his hair was still quaffed the same way, eyes still holding the same shine. The only difference was a few specks of dirt he may have collected earlier. He saw Tony first, rushing over to him while the two embraced.

From where I stood, I could see Tony's face, his eyes meeting with mine as he continued to embrace Peter. After the two exchanged a few more words, he looked at me, pat Peter's right shoulder to make him turn around, and rushed off to continue the fight. 

Peter rushed over to me, eyes wild as his smile seemed to reach far past his eyes. His mouth moved as if he were saying something but I couldn't really hear it, ears ringing as my body buzzed with excited electricity. Before I really knew what I was doing, my lips had crashed into his, effectively catching him off guard and shutting him up. 

It felt like my entire body was on fire. After not feeling his touch for who knows how long, it was like I could finally breathe again without almost wanting to cry. Once he snapped back into reality I felt his hand travel to my waist, pulling me closer as his lips finally melted into mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, both of us pulling each other closer with every passing minute. When we finally pulled away, I caught my breath before resting my forehead on his.