𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

I'd heard about the alien attack on TV when it first happened.
It was nationwide news, something people who didn't even live in New York wanted to learn about. It was an attack on one of the most important cities in the country, and the fact that the enemy was extraterrestrial made it that much more exciting. I remember being obsessed with it, freaking out over the confirmation that aliens existed.

Seeing it in person was, quite frankly, horrifying. I can't imagine what everyone was thinking when they saw it when it happened, everyone frantically running away to find cover in the safest building or children screaming as monsters descended from the air around them. Alien attacks are something you hear about in nightmares and movies, not something you would expect to experience in real life.

After Bruce had gone his own way to accomplish his mission of finding the time stone, the rest of us took our route to the old Stark Tower in order to find our stones. Our plan was not exactly thorough, nor was it well thought out, but it was aplan, and that was all we needed. By the time we had reached the tower, each member of our team had a rough idea of their role in the search and rescue mission.

"Tony, I'm in position. Y/N, what about you?" Steve's voice came through the earpiece that was tucked in my ear.
"Yeah, and I would just like to express again exactly how much I hate this." My hands tugged at the hem of the tight pencil skirt, shifting uncomfortably on the terribly skinny heels I had to wear to this dumb undercover mission.
"Well, you aren't exactly a stealth hero and we can't just have so random new hero show up so it's this or you sit this one out."
"Yeah, but why can't I just wear pants? Interns wear pants too yah know."
"Look, I didn't exactly stop to window shop on the way here. Now stop complaining and just so your job."
"I really hate you, Tony."
"I am aware."

We waited for about 5 minutes before Tony came on the radio again.

"You guys in place? They're almost done up here."
"Tony, I have been standing in uncomfortable heels for what feels like 5 hours. Yes, we have not moved."
"I really don't need the attitude."
"You should have thought about that before you made me dress like a secretary from some porno fantasy."
"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that."
"I just want some pants!"
"Well be my guest and find some within the next 10 seconds because your target is heading down the elevator as we speak."

I watched as the lights above the elevator lit up, each light ticking on and off quickly as the elevator moved floors. I waited for the light on Steve's floor to light up, staying lit longer than the others it had already passed. My hands hit the button of the elevator to call it down to my floor.
I heard the ding as it finally reached my floor. The doors slid open, revealing a small and tight elevator filled to the brim with buff men. Steve stood out in the middle of the crowd, giving me a nod.

"Sorry, excuse me. Didn't realize that the elevator would be so full today, otherwise I would have taken the stairs." I pushed through the crowd, standing next to Steve in amongst the various guns waiting to be drawn. As the doors shut I could feel the tension in the air rise, watching each man's eyes shift on my nervously. I simply smiled right before noticing one man's hand reach for his gun. My own hand rested on his arm, giving him an almost sadistic smile as electricity crackled under my fingertips.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."
His eyes just stared at me, searching my face for what, I didn't know. Steve reached for the case not far away from him, clearing his throat.
"We'll just be taking this. It's probably better off in our hands anyway." He whispered something in another man's ear, not a single man in the elevator moving.
"It'd be wise of you to stay out of our way." My voice was sickeningly sweet, said with a tone that felt like it almost didn't belong to my body.

I'd never seen a group of men so scared of me before. It's like as soon as anyone becomes remotely more threatening than them, they simply shut down.

The ding of the elevator stopping broke the tension within the air. Steve left first, my hand beginning to retract from the much taller man's arm.
"Have a nice day, boys. Can't say I'm not happy to watch your ugly asses go." I stepped out of the elevator, back turned as I spoke. I stopped, turning back around. "Oh, and one more thing." Lightning began to swirl around my fingertips, head cocking to the side with a smile.

"Anyone wanna give me their pants?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that's much better." I tucked the white button up in the much more comfortable pants, letting my hair loose from it's formal design. I'd snapped the heels off my shoes a long time ago, doing perfectly fine in the newly made flats.
"You really didn't have to steal his pants."
"Fine, next time, you can wear the skirt."

There was a commotion of sound coming through Tony's earpiece, and we could hear faint sounds of screaming from downstairs. We just continued on down the way until Steve stopped walking.
At the end of the hallway stood another Steve-or rather, past Steve. He seemed to think we were somehow associated with Loki, to which present Steve tried to convince him that we weren't.

"Hey, don't look at me, I'm not associated with him in any way." Present-Steve turned to me.
"Y/N-"
"Hey, I'm just an intern here who has no idea who this Loki guy is. Wrong place, wrong time man."

I slowly backed up, holding my hands in the air. I went to turn around back the way we came, but a shield flying full speed in front of my face stopped me.

"Okay, I see that didn't work. Time for plan B."

My suit came free from the nanotech around my neck in an instant, covering my whole body in less than 30 seconds. I sent a large blast at Past-Steve which sent him back into a wall, giving Present-Steve a chance to make his attack.

"This is really weird!"
"I know!"
I flew myself above Past-Steve's head, landing with my feet flat on the floor behind him. I sent punches, kicks, and blasts his way, almost all of them being dodged or countered in some way. Present-Steve did most of the work, eventually ending up breaking the glass barrier that separated us from the floor below. The two Steves went tumbling down, leaving me to take a breath and fly after them. When I eventually reached their position, Past-Steve had Present-Steve in a choke hold. I put my hand on the back of his neck and sent out a quick yet strong blast, similar to a taser, which sent him sprawling to the ground in convulsions.

"You're welcome. Now can we get the scepter and go please?"
Steve grabbed the scepter and we headed out of the building, making our way to the rendezvous point. When we got there, Tony and Scott were pacing around nervously.

"What happened?"
"We lost the Tesseract, that's what happened."
"You what?"
"Yes I know, we lost it. Scold me all you want to-"
"Are you kidding me Tony? That was our only chance of getting my friends back and you blew it.
"I didn't blow it, there was a small hiccup involving a very angry green friend of ours."
"Oh, blame it on Hulk now, huh?"
"Look, there's gotta be another way to get the stone." I turned to Steve.
"How? Loki's god knows where with it so we can't exactly take it back."
"And, to add on to that, we don't have enough to Pym Particles left to travel anywhere again." I nodded and pointed at Scott.
"Yeah, that too."

"Okay, but think. Where's the one other place where we can both get Pym Particles and the Tesseract?"
Tony looked at Steve. Steve looked at Tony. Nobody said a word, which was highly disconcerting.
"Okay, can someone please explain to me what you guys are saying to each other telepathically because I'm confused."
"Y/N, how'd you like to go to the 70s?"

it's been over a month since i've updated this omg i'm so sorry