𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

"Okay, ow, that one actually hurt." I place my hand against my jaw and let out a small laugh as I get back into fighting stance.
"I told you I could punch harder but you didn't listen." Peter chuckled as I bounced on my toes.
"Look, I said it hurt, I never said it hurt bad. Your punches still feel like I was hit by a 5 week old kitten."
"First of all, ouch. Second of all, I'm just holding back because I don't want to hurt you." He dropped his arms while I placed mine on my hips and stood in front of him.
"Come on then, hit me. Full force, right on the jaw." I tapped the side of my face.
"Y/N, I'm not going to hit you."
"Why not? Come on, hit me. I can take it."
"I'm not going to-"
"Fucking punch me or I swear to god I'll do it myself." He let out a sigh and groaned.
"Okay fine." I watched him hesitate, sticking my neck out so he could reach my jaw bone. I waited for a second, tapping my foot, before I felt his hard fist hit my jawbone. My head immediately moved towards the ground, my hand grabbing my already bruised jawbone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry you told me to and I didn't mean to actually go that hard-" I let out a small laugh and stand back up straight.
"Don't pull your punches, Parker, especially not on a girl. Believe me, we're more resilient than you think and more evil than you'd believe." I walk past him, slipping my gloves off of my hands. "Come on then, I'm starving."
"We can go to that Thai place down the street?"
"Only if May comes with."
"You are not getting anymore free food because the waiter likes to flirt with my aunt."
"You're no fun."

It's weird how when you're falling through the air you start to remember how you got to the point where you're falling through the air.

I held my hand out almost instinctively, grabbing the web Peter shot out at it as I was yanked back to the deck of the ship. My body hit the side for a second but I played it off, gripping onto a piece of metal on the side.
"We're about to get into some big trouble aren't we?"
"Yep." Peter's gaze stayed staring at the sky above us.
"And we might possibly die, right?"
"Yep."
"But there's no way we're going back?"
"Nope."
"Okay, let's get going then."  

————————————

Fun fact, alien space ships are really hard to infiltrate. I don't know how many times me and Peter got lost in one hallway alone. After a bit of running, I couldn't move anymore. I yelled out for Peter to stop and bent over to catch my breath. 

"You alright?" I nodded as Peter walked over, pushing my mask down off my nose.
"Yeah, I'm good. The high altitude is messing with my brain a little." I let out a few coughs and looked down at my hands, the shaking visible in my fingers. They hurt like hell too.
"Are you sure your powers aren't hurting you? Because it looks like it."
"Peter, if this is going to be another conversation consisting of you telling me I should take a break from fighting I don't wanna hear it." He let out a sigh.
"Look, I know you don't want to listen to me but you have to. These powers are seriously messing you up inside with how much you use them. At least take a break until we figure out why."
"Peter, I can't." I stood up straight, looking him in the face with a blank stare and stern face. "You know how much this means to me. If I have a power I'm obligated to use that power no matter if it hurts me or not. And you know that if you were in my shoes you'd do the same thing." Peter's mask moved down off his face and back around his neck, his eyes looking anywhere but mine.
"Yah, I get that, but I can't watch you get hurt." When his eyes finally met mine, he looked sad. "Because I know there's nothing I can do about it. I can't stop your powers from hurting you or take the pain away. And knowing that there's nothing I can do except just watch it happen...hurts. Y/N, I-" He stopped himself for a second, changing whatever words he was about to say. "You're my bestfriend. And watching you go through something like that hurts." I walked closer and put a hand against his cheek.
"I'll tell you what. Once this is all over, I'll take a break from fighting. I won't fight for...a month. Kay? I promise." I took a small step back.
"Pinkie promise?" He held his finger out and I just laughed.
"Yeah, pinkie promise." I wrapped my finger up with his and then the other hand above it, a way to signify that neither of us would break the promise.
"Now come on, we'd better get going before anything worse happens." I pulled the mask back over my face and Peter's formed around his head, both of us breaking out into a run.

I know, this is a lot shorter than my other chapters but I've been rushing to get things up recently and I apologize. I wanted this to be up earlier but it's been difficult for me to do things because of some stuff going on.

I hope you guys had a good Christmas by the way! My mom is indulging my Spider-Man/Peter Parker/Tom Holland obsession now. She got me a Far From Home poster book, a Spider-Man Mr.Potato-head, Tom Holland stickers, and every single Spider-Man movie that exists. Yay.

Anyway, merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Bye!