𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

I think it was the shift in energy floating through the air that brought me back to consciousness. I could feel the air around me shift, energy signatures fluctuating from overwhelming powerful to dimmed down about half as powerful as it was before. It swirled through my body, drawing me back to the moment at hand.

It took a minute before my memory reminded me of what I had done. I'd released everything I had in me, hoping and praying it would stop Thanos for as long as needed. Based off how many life forces I could feel were missing, we had either won or horrifically lost.

I could feel an energy signature rushing towards me, trying to wrap my brain around who it was. Peter's silhouette flashed through my brain for just a moment, giving the clue that it was him who was in front of me. I opened my eyes to look at him-

but all I could see was darkness.
In fact, I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't move my arms or my legs. I couldn't move anything. My hearing returned steadily, wiggling my fingers and arms to try to get them to move. I was eventually able to move them just barely, but my eyes were still surrounded by darkness.

"P-Peter? Peter I can't see. What going on? Why can't I see anything?"
"It's okay, it's okay. It'll come back soon, just calm down."
I could feel the tears run down my face, feel his hands on my shoulders while he talked through the ringing in my ears. The physical connection was enough for my body to kickstart its healing process, vision steadily coming through, starting out with a grainy, pixelated picture of the battlefield that looked like the static of a vintage television. It shifted into splotches of color, then faint outlines of my surroundings, before finally returning back to show a clear image of everything before me.

There was dust and debris everywhere, ashes and dirt fluttering down from the sky on pockets of air and wind. We were surrounded by rubble, broken pieces of concrete and support beams littering the ground. There were a variety of people surrounding me, some keeping their distance to where I couldn't see their faces. Steve and Thor were closest, kneeled down and looking at me with concern lacing their features. Everyone looked somber, faces drawn downwards, and when I looked back towards Peter, I noticed he was crying.

"Peter? What's wrong, why are you crying?" My voice was hoarse, barely recognizable. He didn't say anything, just looked away. "Peter, what happened?"
He still didn't say anything. Assuming he just didn't want to talk about how many people we had lost, I made the effort to read the energy signatures and calculate casualties for myself. Scanning from the furthest area in, I was able to count a large number of troops, but when I made my way in to the group surrounding me, I noticed one energy signature was so weak it was almost nonexistent.

Tony's.
I rushed up onto my feet so fast I saw stars. Peter caught me as I almost fell over, trying to steady me.
"Woah woah woah, take it easy, you can barely stand."
"What happened to Tony? I can't feel him, what happened?"
Peter didn't say anything, only looking down to the ground. I pushed off of him, following the source of the weak energy, until I eventually found him not far from where I was, collapsed on the ground, entire right side of his body burnt.

He looked horrible. His usually bright and abrasive eyes were dim, not even moving. He didn't look like he was breathing, his entire body limp while he just lay there amongst all of the rubble. The closer I got the worse his wounds looked, almost half of his skin burnt so crisp it was black. The only sign of life was the dimly glowing Arc Reactor in his chest that Pepper's hand slightly covered.

"T-Tony?"
Only a small spike in his electricity signature told me he even heard me. Pepper looked my way, giving me a soft look before moving to the side. It was hard to get any closer, see any clearer the damage, but I swallowed down the bile that started to rise in my throat and got on my knees in front of him. My eyes trailed down the charred skin to his right arm, noticing the dimly glowing stones still nestled in the spots on his gauntlet. I swallowed back tears as I looked him in the eyes as best as I could.