𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪

My feet crunched in the rubble, kicking up dust behind me with every step that I took. There was nothing but decimation in every single direction, eyes never able to settle onto one piece of rubble to focus on. I couldn't see anything except smoke and dust, the area around me now a haze of browns and greys. I walked between Steve and Tony, the two men towering above me, looking far more intimidating. It felt like I was walking into my first day of school, when really I was walking into a battle for my life.

"I thought that by ridding you humans of half of the burden, the other half would take the chance to become a more fruitful community."
His words carried before we fully reached him, eyes staring at each and every one of us. His eyes laid on me for longer than the others, arrogance written over his features. 
"Yeah, well, surprisingly enough us humans don't take kindly to having our families and friends taken away from us."
"The point was for you to learn to let go, start over."
"Yeah, well, stubbornness is kinda my thing. Ask anybody here and they'll tell you I don't let things go easily."
"Well I have one question for you. What is a child doing fighting a grown man's battle?"
"Contrary to how it may appear, I am in fact 20 years old. Now, I would really appreciate it if you could just pack up all your stuff and leave so that we can clean up your mess."

Thanos stood, pacing back and forth as the four of us stopped walking. He opened his mouth a few times before finally settling on the words he wanted to say. 

"Your race is weak and arrogant. You could not deal with your failure, so instead, you found your way right back to where you started. Instead of starting over, building up from what you had before, you had to try to fix things instead. This will only bring your entire world more pain and suffering."
"You can't just go around committing genocide thinking it'll fix things! It may have worked with your own people, but not everyone can deal with the death of loved ones simply by forgetting about them and starting over."
"You're right. Your people cannot forget and move on. Which is why instead of expecting you all to start over yourselves, I will make you start over. I'll shred every atom in this universe in order to build it back up, full of people who will have no idea what it once was."
"So instead of changing your life around, you just plan to kill more people?"
Steve's voice was loud in order to carry from where he was standing.
"If that is what it has to be, then that is what it will be."
"Well, you've already took my friends and family away from me, so I think it's time I take something from you, too."

Energy swirled around each of my palms, arching out into the air like embers trying to catch wind from a flame. Thor made a similar movement although, being the theatric he needed to be, electricity moved across his entire body and made his eyes light up. Tony took his own battle stance, Steve following suit. 

I made the first move, my feet charging forward towards Thanos faster than I'd ever moved in my life. With a push from both my hands and my feet I was up in the air, bringing my hands down onto his shoulders. A whip of electricity smacked against his face, sending a small jolt through him that knocked him if just for a little while. Tony took the next opening, swinging at him with a sword he'd added to his suit a while ago. Then Thor took a swing, Steve following soon after.

I brought my hand up to the earpiece as I continued to fight, pressing down in order to turn it on.

"Clint, Bruce! Is everybody else alright?"
"I'm stuck in the basement with Rhodey and Rocket! We're trying to get out but it's flooding pretty fast!"
"I've got a lot of these creepy alien guys on me right now and a whole slew of powerful stones in my hands!"
"Just...try not to die, if you can."
"Thank you, Y/N, that's very helpful advice!"
"Sorry!"

I continued to shoot blasts out, throwing out pre-made daggers when my powers began to decrease in strength. My feet connected with his jaw as I made a roundhouse kick, landing flat on my feet before rolling out of Tony's way.