𝙲𝚑.27- 𝚂𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚢 𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗

~Tyler's POV~

I'm running deeper and deeper into the woods, inch by inch, while sweat rolls down my face.  I was in desperate need of a run ever since I got here.

This morning, I saw Rachel and her friends hanging out, so I decided this was the perfect opportunity to strengthen myself. You know, get myself better looking for my mate.

Ha!

Like I can get better looking.

But so far, I have ran 100 miles, done 2,000 Burpes, and bench pressed 500 kg and other intense workouts to keep me going. Now I'm in the woods doing 20 miles as a cool down.

As I'm resting by a nearby tree after my workout, I hear a close by bush rustling. But ths wind wasn't blowing, so I quickly aimed myself towards the noise and contracted out my canines to end the person, or maybe just get myself a quick snack.

Before I had the chance to shed any blood, a small dog came out. It was a small little brown dog, who I'm guessing was a male. He began to bark at a very rapid pace and was very fidgety.

"Hey there little guy. What's going on?" I began to squat down to his level, and pat him on the head. Believe it or not, but I have always had a sweet spot for dogs.

My family used to have one, Baxter. He was always playful, and would always put a smile on my face when I was stressed out from Pre-Alpha duties. He was the perfect friend. And one of the saddest days of my life was when he was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and died 3 months later.  He will always remain in my heart.

I then took notice of the pup in front of me, and then I realized he had a small gash on his paw. Where did this come from?

"Okay.. um," I began to search for anything that I can use to help this little dog ail the pain, until a little leaf caught my eye. "Aha!" I made sure that the leaf wasn't poison ivy, and then carefully wrap the leaf around the puppy's paw.

As I was doing this, I took notice that the dog became less restless and was calm now resting on the ground. I sat down right next to the dog, but he had other plans as he began to take a seat on my lap.

"Hey there little man. I'm going to call you Baxter Jr. And don't worry, your paw should be healed in no time."

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes until I was abruptly alarmed when Rachel's mindlink came through in my head.

"Tyler! I need help back at the pack house. Now! There is a huge issue."

It didn't take long before I released myself from the dog and ran at my top speed towards Rachel. I didn't care if I was tremendously tired, o would run myself to death for my mate.

5 minutes later,  I go through the pack house door. The first thing I hear is screaming and crying from a distance. My alpha ears can hear 10x farther than other wolves. I follow the sound, and I mindlink Rachel to find out where she is but  I got no reply.

I made my way upstairs to see a large group crowding around somebody's room. I approach them, and some people began to part ways for me to walk.  What I saw made my stomach churn.

Blood. Dead body. Blood aroma. Guts on the floor. And more blood.

Amazon pack members where also lying on the floor, grabbing there abdomen and heads. What made me tremble was the fact that I know Rachel was here.

She wasn't here anymore but her powers surely was. I knew this because why else would there be thorns implanted in a man's neck?

This needs to stop! I need to go find her. As I left the gory room, I was trying to mindlink Rachel, but yet again no response. Then an idea popped into my head