Chapter 14

Each of the attacks were flawless. From time to time when a little girl with black hair and eyes took her position before releasing arrow after arrow targeting the dummies, a soft swishing sound that cuts through the air could be heard within the archery area before a soft, nice thud followed.

The little girl's focused eyes, serious expression, and perfect posture rendered the Knights from doing their own training and just silently watching a good spectacle in front of their eyes.

For these Knights, the adorable, hardworking, and diligent little girl is so beautiful to look at. Even their Vice Captain, Rusty, surely is having fun mentoring such a student.

Thus, for various reason, the Knights wanted to give the little girl a few pointers about the weapon they were good at except with the sword.

They wanted to help.

However, there was one Knight that is having a different thought while silently yet intently observing her. This Knight's eyes were so focused on her as if memorizing every move she made. Her face, height and weight were calculated in his mind. The strength and other more variables that the girl could probably perform also appraised as well.

This individual was meticulous and thorough with his observation and calculation, which can't be helped.

Few moments later after the little girl's training and some Knights took their own rest, this unusual one moved so fast, as fast as a lightning and disappeared from the training ground without anyone's notice.

He moved so lightly, leaping from trees to trees then roof to roof under the afternoon sky, leaving only a hazy afterimage and a swift breeze behind.

After few more maneuver, he stopped leaping and swiftly slipped into the window of the three-story building of an inn from the second floor. In that room, a man sitting on his chair lazily sipping his tea and whose back facing him spoke dryly.

"So? Any news?"

Without caring to spare the newcomer a glance, the man took another sip of his tea before putting down the cup.

He was dressed in the finest set of clothes that only a rich noble could afford, maybe even customized. His Aura and bearing are no average as well. Just by simply sitting there on his seat, he exudes an unrivaled authority and strength that was enough to make the Knight tremble.

"T,The target still doing her usual routine, accompanied by her Knight and personal maid. Also, it was set in stone that such event will indeed take place in that very day as scheduled. Their power and authority will surely double, no, tripled for sure."

As if his life was on the line, the Knight did his best to summarize the information he gathered for the past week.

He knew that the man in front of him did not fancy roundabout words, that was why cold sweats trickled down his cheek from his temple as he spilled out the most important part. Even his back broke in cold sweats.

He was nervous indeed. So nervous that his face looked as white as a sheet without him knowing.

"So in the end, they resort to this? Heh! Who would have thought that they stooped so low just to restrain me? Pathetic fools!"

As the man's dry and low voice struck the trembling Knight's ears, soon a wave of powerful bluish Aura surges out of the man's body before it shoot out everywhere within the room.

Because everything happened too fast, the Knight did not manage to protect himself and was hit square in the chest. He staggered backward, then fell in one knee with his right hand supporting his weight while the other was on his chest, coughing a mouthful of blood.