Chapter 20

Vrylle drew in a cold breath. She just regained her consciousness, yet what greets her was pain that feels like someone bludgeoned her head.

Taking few careful deep breaths, she soon heard Phantom announcing notifications, which also served as her info for what had made her, and also Rusty and Merida, unconscious.

[The effects of the following spells: Slumber, Paralysis, and Extend, have run out of effect. Entering Moderate Damage State.]

[Detecting dangers on all sides. Danger level at four]

[Due to entering the Hunting Ground for the second time unplanned, Host is granting a temporary topography of the place in order to leave. Wishing the Host to leave intact.]

[...Warning! Danger level rises at six! Wave fifteen, the last wave, initiated! Strong monsters are approaching!]

"...?!"

Vrylle's buzzing head got worsen. Just how precarious her situation is, really. And what's with those spells? Not just one, but three all at once? That's not all, what danger level four? Then suddenly jumps two level in just a second? There's also strong monsters approaching, it said?

"Wishing me to leave intact, huh? What a repulsing words to choose. And you called this feeling a Moderate Damage State? Phantom surely treats me as a fool."

Vrylle groaned and forcefully pushed herself off the couch while kneading her aching temples to at least ease the pain. The so-called Moderate Damage State is a big misconception for her, because if it is really moderate, why is the pain didn't match its label? What's more, she felt drained, exhausted, and lethargic.

So, if Phantom labeled the kind of feeling she felt as 'moderate', Vrylle didn't know what type of pain she has to endure if it goes another level.

"Ugh... Life is never easy..."

Just as Vrylle was occupied with Phantom's way of cheap labeling, frantic screams were heard outside, abruptly taking her back as it broke her train of thought.

Listening more intently, there were also shrieks and animalistic growls. Thus, an alarm blared inside her head when she realized the missing existence of Rusty and Merida.

Driving with instinct, Vrylle hurried outside, and what she saw was like a scene straight out from a horror movie, making her pupils shrank.

It was downright gruesome. So horrible and gory.

The cold glint of the blades scattered around as blood was reaped followed by screams. It was all seen and heard by her, along with a hint of danger.

The blood's metallic smell freely diffuses through the air, severed body parts and dead bodies of both humans and monsters decorated the land, and the putrid smell from both the fluids and the decomposing bodies, directly assaulted Vrylle's nostrils that makes her groan and grimace.

'...Wait! Decomposing bodies? How?'

She was confused with this thought, but the varying noisy disturbances cut that off immediately. The shouts of encouragement, growls of anger, groan of perseverance, shrieks of pain, and howls of grief that feels so mournful, distracted her fully.

Overwhelmed by the scenes, sounds, and odors that could make one's stomach churn and go crazy, Vrylle's brain function fried for a few moments before she forcibly regained her composure back and look about frantically to search for certain people.

The situation was no good. The dusk also approaching, which feels like falling down rapidly.

"...This is insane. A living nightmare."