FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
THE DRUNKS

When they got to MeriTech, they became face to face with a burning MeriTech

Five quickly ran towards the building with Jason hot on his heels, but before he could even attempt to jump in to do whatever he wanted to do, the building blew up, blasting Jason and Five back.

Five was the first to gain consciousness, and he quickly got to his feet and sprinted to where Jason--now back in his human form--and quickly checked for a pulse. When he found one, he sighed in relief and then slapped him, making him snap awake with a gasp, "Fire!"

He then looked at Five, checking for any visible injury and when he found none he looked around, the MeriTech was absolutely trashed, and with it, their hopes to find the owner of the eye.

—ᴥ︎—

The shocking explosion and the loss of one of their main leads prompted the two time-traveling assassins to go pick up Dolores and then hit the library with a drink or to or ten.

Jason wasn't one to drink cheap drinks, he had class and taste, but at the moment they couldn't find anything other than the cheap stuff, and so they needed more drinks to get thoroughly drunk.

Dolores tried to stop them --she's the responsible mannequin-- she told them to go hit the bars instead of a library --I didn't say she's wise, she just knows bars equal drinks-- but Five ignored her and headed to the nearest library.

The Argyle Public Library to be exact.

And that's how Diego and Luther found them.

"I love you," Jason drunkenly told Five, ignoring their audience.

Five slapped Jason lightly on the cheek, "No! Lies!"

"Truth! I swear on my Father's grave!"

"You don't have a dad!"

"I do!"

"No!"

"Shut up, you stupid Fuck...tard thing," Jason said and then slummed against Five, "I hate your stupid...your stupid thing."

"I need to figure out this equation, get off."

"It's hard!"

"It's five times two," Five squinted at the notebook in front of him, "Who wrote down thirty?"

"Dolores! I saw her! I swear!"

"Mhm, She's not that wrong, only off by a thousand or so-"

"Yes. Dolores, you're so stupid."

Dolores told them they're drunk as a kite and need to stop talking and embarrassing themselves.

"Nunya?" Luther asked when they finally stopped arguing or whatever that was.