ONE

CHAPTER ONE:
THE END

"Great, I'm stuck in 2019, With a stupid dog of all things!" Five shouted as he kicked a rubbled and glared at the stupid dog

Said dog tilted his head and the stuck out his tongue and it gave the impression that he was grinning.

"Woof!"

"Shut up, mutt!" Five shouted back as he looked around, looking for something that would give him a clue in what caused this massive destruction.

"Woof!"

Five didn't look up from the rubble he was searching. The newspaper only gave him knowledge of when it happened not what happened.

"Woof!"

He needed to find what happened and go back home, maybe fix everything and-

He felt something grab into his uniform and looked down to find the mutt biting his sleeve.

"Let go!" Five started shaking his arm in hope of freeing it from the dog's mouth.

The stupid dog only backed off when Five turned to face him and then he --again, she? Five needed to check it or wait for the mutt to relieve itself-- looked at his left and then looked at Five. He repeated this three more times before Five got what he was saying.

"You want me to follow you?"

He was answered with a bark and a grin.

Five sighed, "Okay fine lead the way but I swear to God if it's for something stupid I'm teleporting you to Mount Erebus so you can burn. Alive."

If Dogs could roll their eyes, this mutt would have just done that. Or maybe the teasing growl he got was the eyeroll or maybe he did infact roll his eyes. Five didn't care and it wasn't important. This mutt would die in some years and it wasn't like he was gonna keep it.

He stopped when the dog stopped and followed where the dog was looking with his eyes.

His siblings. Older than when he last saw them but the tattoos on their arms easily identified them.

All dead.

He screamed for Vanya, the only sibling he couldn't find, and his dad.

He screamed and screamed and screamed.

And got no answer.

Only found an eyeball in his dead brother's hand.

"Woof!"

He looked at the dog, who had his back to him but had turned it's face to look at Five, he looked at another direction and then back at Five, like he was saying 'let's go'.

And Five, he got up and followed. They were about to walk away when something grabbed the dog's attention.

It was a hand.

The dog pounced and got the hand with his sharp teeth. Five identified it as a manniquen.

"Fuck it," He grabbed the manniquen from the dog and started walking with the dog by his side.

How the hell did his life end up like this?

—𖧷—

"Kool Aid."

"Grrr Growl Grumpy, triple G for short."

"Sweetheart."

"Bones."

"Glitter Bomb."

Five looked at the dog, who was lying with his back to him and completely and utterly ignoring him.

(Yes, Five checked for see if it was a she or he. The dog felt violated and wouldn't stop growling at him for 3 days.)

It's been a week since Five found himself in the future with a dog and decided to adopt Dolores along the way and now the three of them were laying around after a day of searching for food and useful stuff.

Dolores told Five it's not nice to call the dog, dog — which he thinks is stupid because it is a dog. It's like calling Five, human— and now the two were trying to come up with names while the namee was ignoring them.

It was a competition to see who could pick the most ridiculous name for the mutt. A pointless activity if you asked Five but Dolores seemed to think it was critical to name the dog.

The dog said nothing about it and just laid down to ignore them.

They've been trying out names since then and they still haven't found the perfect stupid name. It's getting irritating for Five, Dolores and even the mutt.

Five doesn't know why they can't just call it mutt and be done with it but he knows better than to say it where Dolores can hear and lecture him again.

"Batman"

"No Dolores we can't use that because it's copyright and we don't want to get sued."

"I don't care if they're all dead I still could get sued!"

"You're right, I could make them regret it but I would like to live a drama free life for awhile."

"Bond."

Dog stood up and puffed up his chest.

"Do you like it?" Fve narrowed his eyes.

The dog grinned and barked.

"Then no. If you're getting a dog name you're not gonna like it."

The dog Groweled and barked.

Five suddenly looked at Dolores and grinned, "That's a wonderful name. Cookie Monster!"

The Cookie Monster whined and Five laughed.

—𖧷—

Enjoy!

Question:

Who do you think should be the face claim of Cookie Monster?