Be more careful.

"Seriously Magnus, you need to be more careful..." Ajit sighed from the doorway of the kitchen, watching as the raven haired boy got himself a mug of water. "Yes, I'll keep that in mind the next time I get shoved off the roof of a building." The older grumped heading over to the fridge.

"That wasn't what I meant and you know it."

A shrug.

"Need any help?"

Magnus let out a loud groan, "No Ajit, for the millionth time I do not need any help."

"Okay.. Just checking."

Magnus had been lucky, he'd gotten shoved off a five story building but had avoided any serious injury by landing in a tree. However the amount of aches, pains and bruises that he'd gotten from that was not in any way small, not to mention he'd managed to twist his ankle. The reckless idiot would've just ignored all his injuries and kept on as normal if Ajit hadn't been awake when he'd gotten in and stopped him from doing exactly that.

"Magnus?!" Ajit blinked, taking in the state of his roommate as he entered their room. "Huh, oh you're awake... What is it?" the taller had replied, reaching down to take off his boots.

"You're limping! Are you okay? Wait, your face is covered in scratches! What happened?!" Ajit questioned, a look of concern on his face.

"I'm fine."

"You're clearly not!"

"I'm telling you, I'm fine."

"Magnus, if you were fine you wouldn't be limping."

"Cut it out. You don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself." Magnus said all in one go. "If you're ignoring that you're hurt then you obviously can't take care of yourself." Ajit snapped, earning a surprised glare from the taller. "Ugh fine. You want to know what happened? I got pushed off a building. Happy now?"

"YOU WHAT?! MAGNUS!"

"It's no big deal, calm down."

"Wh-! What do you mean getting pushed off a building isn't a big deal?!"

"Well I'm clearly still alive, and I walked back here so I'm obviously not too injured to do things. In other words I'm fine." Magnus replied stubbornly. "Just because you're alive and can walk doesn't mean you're fine." Ajit rolled his eyes. "Honestly, you need to go to a hospital, you might've broken a bone. How are you even alive after getting shoved off a building?" he realised. "A tree broke my fall," the taller shrugged, "And I'm fairly sure if I'd broken a bone I'd actually be in pain right now."

"You're telling me you're not in pain from all those scratches and bruises on you? You literally have a black eye Magnus."

"And? Your friend broke his arm tree climbing last week, a black eye and a few bruises are nothing. Now will you stop worrying, I'm tired and I want to get to sleep."

"... I'll stop worrying after you've been to the school hospital and been confirmed fine."

Magnus looked Ajit dead in the eyes, fiery magenta boring into warm amber, then pulled his boots back on. "You know what? Fine. If that's what it takes to get you to drop it then sure."

As it turned out Magnus was actually fine. Apart from the scratches, bruises and the twisted ankle, that is. However it was enough for him to have to have to stay at his dorm for the week and enough for his roommate to be ordered to stay there too to make sure he doesn't leave. While Magnus had called this instruction "stupid" and claimed he didn't need to stay in for a week because he's perfectly fine "Why isn't anybody listening to me?". Ajit was rather happy about this arrangement, as it meant he could make sure his roommate didn't do anything stupid like get himself shoved off another roof while attempting to stop a criminal. Not to mention after falling off the roof he'd still gone back and caught the guy who'd shoved him. Hearing about that had seriously gotten Ajit worried for his friend, while the older and taller boy was a lot more sensible than Ajit and his other friends in a lot of ways, he'd begun to realize that the self preservation instinct of Magnus was a lot lower than that of his other friends, The Awesome Brawlers. Even Dan wasn't as reckless as Magnus could be.