"It's obvious!"

Dan giggled quietly to himself from one of the couches in studio B.

He'd been watching Athena and Lia talk over on the other side of the room for a few minutes now, Lia had been leaning quite close to Athena as she talked about something she'd seen online the day before while the flustered shade of pink on Athena's face had kept growing deeper due to the closeness between the two girls.

Currently the blush accross Athena's face was a dark shade of rose pink as Lia leant in super close to take a photo of the two, leaning her head against Athena's shoulder and giving a peace sign while Athena just smiled awkwardly at the camera, clearly unused to having photos taken of herself and definitely, Dan guessed, having a lesbian panic at the closeness between her and Lia.

It wasn't difficult for him to notice the blonde's crush on his friend, but he hadn't told anyone about it, not even Wynton! And honestly he didn't think he would, watching Athena, who was almost always confident, being a shy and awkward blushing mess around Lia was way too entertaining.

Especially since it meant he could make fun of her for it.

Over the other side of the room Lia looked down at her phone, "There, posted!" She announced. "Oh hey, that reminds me I was supposed to meet Shun in ten minutes, I should get going!" Picking up her bag, she paused, "Do you want to come with?"

It took a moment for Athena to register Lia was talking to her, "Oh, actually I think I'll stay here.. I have some homework to be getting on with." She admitted, "Have fun though!"

"Aw.. Okay." Lia sighed, "Good luck with your homework, maybe you'll be able to convince Dan to get on with his!" She laughed, then before Dan could yell at her for the comment she called out "See ya!" Then left the room.

Dan picked up his phone from beside him and saw he had an Instagram notification for a new post from Lia, he clicked on the notification and saw what was clearly the photo she'd just taken of her and Athena and laughed while pressing the like button. Hearing Dan laugh, Athena turned around from where she'd just picked her bag up to get her homework out, "What's so funny?"

"Ah nothing! Just.. You do know how obvious your crush on Lia is right?" Dan teased with a grin.

Instantly Athena's cheeks flushed red, although with embarrassment or anger, Dan couldn't tell. "What!? How do you even know about that!"

"It's obvioussss!" The red streaked boy repeated, dragging out the 's' sound for effect. "You're always blushing around her and stuff, besides she's like the only one you're actually nice to all of the time, well, other than Wynton but the lesbian flag on your phone case kinda tells me you wouldn't have a crush on him." He held up his phone to show Athena the Instagram post, "Like seriously, look how obvious your blush is in this photo!"

Athena quickly walked over to look, as soon as she saw, her eyes widened, "Oh. God. Do you think she knows?"

"Eh, I don't think so?" Dan replied with a shrug, "Like I'm pretty sure none of the others have noticed. Just me. Honestly I'd be suprised Shun hadn't noticed if I didn't know he was so caught up in his own feelings for Ajit!"

The blonde blinked. "Oh, I see. I did think something was going on between those two..."

Dan grinned, "Yeah they're basically like totally crushing on each other but they're too busy being in love with each other to realise the other feels the same as them!"

"Hm, so kind of the opposite of how you're thinking about who everyone else likes to avoid thinking about your obvious crush on Magnus?" Athena smiled with mocking sweetness.

"HUH? I do NOT have a crush on Magnus! I don't know what you're talking about! Are you sure you're not making it up to avoid talking about your crush on Lia?!" The male Pyrus brawler blurted out, stumbling over a couple of his words in his haste to deny what the female had just truthfully said.

Athena pulled her phone out of her pocket and pulled up Dan's own Instagram, clicked on one of his recent posts and showed him the screen. "Let's just say it's obvious, shall we? She laughed, imitating Dan's earlier words.

Dan felt his face heat up as he looked at the photo he'd convinced Magnus to take with him. The elder of the two hadn't been happy about it and that showed in his expression, half looking away from the camera with a frown, while Dan himself was looking at Magnus with what was possibly the biggest smile ever and a blush even more obvious than Athena's from earlier across his face.

"Oh god.."

"So, Dan, am I right?" Athena smirked in her triumph of getting back at Dan for his making fun of her crush.

Dan winced, knowing he'd lost yet again to Athena. "Yeah. You are." He admitted with a small sigh, "I actually think Magnus probably knows already. I'm really not the best at hiding it." He let out a half hearted laugh.

Athena sat down beside him, "You know, if he does know, I think he's keeping quiet about it because he's not sure what to do. Not because he doesn't feel the same." She paused for a second before continuing, "I don't know Magnus that well but I get the feeling he's not the type to know what to do when it comes to his own feelings."

"You.." Dan looked accross at Athena, "You think so.?" He asked, barely daring to hope she could be right.

"Yes. I do think so. I also think you should tell him how you feel directly. Maybe then you can both figure out your feelings for each other together." She told him pointedly.

It took Dan a second to realise the implications of what the girl had just said.. "YOU THINK MAGNUS LIKES ME?" He screamed, his face as red as the streak in his hair.

"It doesn't take a genius." Athena shrugged.

"Oh." Dan was unsure what to say for a minute. "Well, thanks. I think I will maybe bring it up next time I see him around... And um also? I think Lia likes you back too. I've seen how she is around the people she's had crushes on from before when she had a crush on Wynton.. And yeah, she definitely likes you." He smiled.

"Lia.. Huh? She likes me..? Really?" The male nodded, "Oh, um, well.. Thank you for telling me."

"Yeah, ah, no problem."

The two sat there quietly for a moment.

Then Athena spoke up, "Do you want to agree not to tell anyone about this conversation?"

"Oh definitely." Dan agreed quickly.

The two laughed.

"Well I guess I should get on with my homework now, are you going to do yours too, I could help you?" The pink streaked girl offered, standing up to go get her worksheet and pencil case from her bag

Dan shook his head, "Nah I'll do it later, probably.. Thanks for the offer though." He replied, turning his attention back to his phone and scrolling through the posts of people he followed, stopping to like a photo Kurin had posted of some concert they were at.

"Hmph, okay." Athena, shook her head, knowing Dan wasn't listening to her anymore due to already being absorbed with social media.

She brought her work over and sat down at a different couch nearer the table, maybe she should listen to her own advice that she'd given Dan and tell Lia how she felt about her... If Dan was right then maybe things would work out? Yeah, she'd definitely have to tell Lia how she feels. Soon...

While Athena made this decision, Dan was in the middle of reading a Reddit AITA post that'd been shared on Instagram when he got a notification telling him he had a new follower. He clicked on the notification to view their profile and instantly broke out into a smile when he saw who it was..
Magnus.

It was safe to say, Dan wasted no time in clicking follow back.

A/N: SPOILER ALERT!! DAN DID NOT IN FACT DO HIS HOMEWORK LATER AND GOT A DETENTION THE NEXT DAY FROM MISS SYKES :( RIP DAN!!