Rock n roll

(Couldn't think of a good title but I was listening to Rock n roll by Avril Lavigne while writing this so I just made that the title.)

Kurin hadn't been expecting anyone to come round today, he thought he'd have a peaceful day to himself to listen to music and get some drum practice done. So not that peaceful but you get what they meant. So when they heard a knock on the door, obviously they ignored it, their Mom - Kravitz - was in anyway and he figured it was just a parcel for her so why would he go and open the door?

Turns out that wasn't the case as shortly after he'd somehow heard the door open and close over the music he was blasting through a speaker there was a knock on their bedroom door, having recognised it as his Mom's knock he didn't bother to turn his music down and just yelled out "Come in!" His Mom did just that and when she opened the door Kurin discovered she wasn't alone. "Huh? Dan? What's going on?"

"He knocked just a minute ago, didn't you hear?" Kravitz raised her eyebrows at the speaker on Kurin's desk. "Look I have to go out in a minute, so if the two of you hangout here just don't destroy anything okay?"

Kurin blinked, "Where are you going?" They asked.

"Grocery run and apparently I'm needed at work early today so I'll be going there afterwards. I won't be back until late." She sighed.

"Oh, alright. See ya later then Mom." Kurin smiled, "Enjoy work."

"Yes, because work is always extremely enjoyable." Kravitz rolled her eyes, "See you, and be good!"

"Always am!"

"That's not what your teachers tell me.." Kravitz muttered, leaving the room and leaving Kurin and Dan looking across at eachother.

"So why did you come round?" Kurin asked the taller of the two, only to be met with a loud "WHAT?" Realising Dan probably couldn't hear him over the music, as unlike his Mom he wasn't used to their habit of listening to music at volume one hundred, he turned it down and repeated himself, "I said why did you come round?"

"Oh! Honestly I was kinda bored and just wanted to hangout with you." Dan replied with a laugh, moving over to sit down on Kurin's bed, "So what are you doing?"

"Not much really. Just listening to music, was there something you wanted to do?"

Dan thought for a second, "Not really... Uhm... Oh! Could you maybe show me that song again? Y'know the one with that super cool uhm I don't know the music term for it.. Just, you know!"

The enby blinked in confusion, "You mean the song I showed you the other day?"

"Yeah! I forgot the name but it keeps getting stuck in my head!" Dan yelled, "Please say you remember the name..! I'm gonna have it stuck in my head forever otherwise!" He cried.

Kurin laughed, "Yeah, I remember it, give me a minute." They replied, opening a new YouTube tab on their laptop and typing in the name of the song.

The second it started playing the red streaked nodded, "That's it! Man I don't know how you do it, you always find such good songs, they always wanna make me just do stuff like dance or sing along or just stuff like that y'know? They have that kinda energy to them!" He exclaimed excitedly leaping up.

"Yeah, I get that, I feel the same when I listen to them" He nodded, "I don't usually let myself in case someone sees though, getting seen singing is already awkward but seen dancing would just be next level embarrassing..."

"Aw true, it would be a lot of fun though.." He replied, sitting back down.

Hearing Dan speak so wishfully about the thought gave Kurin an idea, embarrassing sure but also kinda fun.. Also it's not like anyone would be there to see except eachother and they're close enough for it to not even be that awkward...

Making a decision, Kurin stood up from his desk chair to look out the window just in time to see his Mom driving away. Turning back to Dan he spoke his thoughts, "Well actually I guess we could sing along and dance to the music, how embarrassing can it be if it's just us? And besides it does sound fun.."

"Seriously?!" Dan gasped, when met with a nod from Kurin he once again leaped up in excitement, "Aw man this is gonna be the best!" He called out, taking Kurin's hands in his own.

"Hey! Hang on a second," The younger released one of his hands from the others grip, then holding hands with him walked back over to his laptop. "We should probably put a playlist on or something, otherwise it's just whatever comes on and that could be a gaming tutorial.."

"Oh! Right haha!"

Once they'd put on a playlist the two moved to the centre of the room and then paused, "Wait what do we even do..?" Kurin asked.

"Um I'm not sure.." Dan replied. But just as the music playing in the background contrasting with their stillness and confusion was about to make Kurin suggest just playing some video game instead, Dan spoke up again, "Ah well I guess we just do whatever!" And as the chorus of the song started to play he took hold of both Kurin's hands and started pulling the two of them round in a circle.

After that the two just contained doing whatever to the beat of the song. Singing, jumping around, spinning, pretending they were singing into a microphone, air guitar, some real guitar on Kurin's part, attempts at flips that often failed, gestures that matched the lyrics of the songs, at one point they both jumped up onto Kurin's bed and did the spinning in a circle thing again, although this time they ended up both falling over and laughing. There was a lot of laughing.

It was stupid but from the huge smiles and grins on their faces it was clear they were both having a lot of fun.

Eventually getting tired the two collapsed down on the floor, letting the music just continue playing in the background, while they talked.

"This is so much fun..!"

"Yeah it really is!"

"We should totally do this again sometime," Dan sighed, leaning backwards but misjudging how far away he was from the side of Kurin's bed and flopping backwards onto the floor causing Kurin to start laughing, "Hey! It's not that funny!" Dan attempted to glare but failed, clearly finding it funny too.

"Have a nice fall there?" Kurin joked.

A pillow hit him in the face, closely followed by a snigger from Dan.

"Hey!" The non-binary protested, "That was uncalled for!" He yelled, throwing the pillow back at his friend.

"Haha! Was it uncalled for though?" The red streaked asked, grabbing the pillow from where it had fallen just short of hitting him.

Kurin grabbed another pillow off his bed and the pair started tossing them at eachother then getting back up off the floor to start hitting eachother directly with the pillows.

The pillow fight ended after Dan fell backwards, Kurin offered a hand to help him back up but instead Dan had pulled him down on the floor with him.

The two stayed there for a bit just bickering and laughing until a song came on and they both decided to get up and resume the whole singing, dancing and just being stupid together thing they'd been doing before, this time with a bit of a pillow fight added into it as they'd decided to resume that.

That morning Kurin had thought it'd just be a quiet day of listening to music and practicing drums.

That evening Kurin was glad it hadn't been, they'd had a lot more fun than they would've had if the day had gone the way he'd thought it would and besides hanging out with Dan was probably always the best part of his day.

Yeah they should definitely do that again sometime..