Anxiety attack

Idk man I wrote this like a couple of weeks ago.

The second Magnus had received the text he'd spun around and walked in the opposite direction of where he was originally headed. Not bothering to tell any of the people he'd been walking with where he was going, it wasn't their business anyway.

In the time Magnus and Dan had secretly been dating Magnus had discovered quite a few things about Dan that had surprised him but not changed his opinions or feelings for the younger boy.

One thing he'd been especially shocked to find out was about Dan's anxiety, in all the time they'd known each other he'd never have guessed how badly Dan struggles with his anxiety, those days he hadn't come to class or school.. He hadn't been skipping because he didn't care about classes or education, he'd been unable to go because all the stress and worries had gotten too much for him to even be able to go.

His inability to sit still began to make more sense too, the way he'd drum his fingers on the table during lunch or fiddle around with his pencil in class, it all made so much sense.

Magnus had begun to notice the little things that hinted the build up to Dan being unable to take it anymore and often helped him calm down or get out of the situation before it became too much to take, usually this was in a subtle way as Dan didn't want anyone knowing about his anxiety and since their relationship was still more on the secret side with only Ajit knowing.

Times like today however, Magnus had been unable to be around, he had no idea where his boyfriend had been the whole day, Dan hadn't showed up to any classes and Magnus couldn't be sure if he was simply not in school or if he was hiding somewhere away from the world and the other students. He finally had an answer for that though, in the form of a worrying text.

It read; please help, 1st floor toilets, anxiety

The grammar was horrible and the sentence structure really made no sense but it was enough for Magnus to know what was going on and to know where he needed to be to help.

He opened the door to the first floor male toilets and walked in, noticing all but one of the cubicles were vacant. He knocked lightly on the door then pulled his phone out and sent a text to Dan "I'm here."

He heard the buzzing sound of the notification from his text from inside the only occupied cubicle and less than a minute later the door slowly opened.

It was worse than Magnus had thought, there were tears running down his face which was red and slightly blotchy from crying. He noticed the other shaking, the fingers on one of his hands moving wildly, tapping against the case of his phone, which he held in that hand.

Magnus held out his arms and Dan fell into them, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend tightly, the two stayed there like that until Dan stopped shaking, Magnus pulled the younger over to sit in the corner against the wall, in between the sinks and the hand drier, they both sank to the floor and Dan rested his head on the ravenette's shoulder, "I'm sorry.." He spoke, his voice nothing more than a hoarse whisper which hurt Magnus's heart to hear, "You shouldn't have to be missing class because of me..." He looked down at his feet.

"Fuck class, all that matters is that you're okay." Magnus replied, his scarlet eyes gazing down at the hand he still had intertwined with his boyfriend's.

Dan turned his head to look at him, "But it's computing for you now, right? You love that class.."

The older moved his gaze up to meet Dan's, "Yeah, well.. I love you more than any computer class." He told him. Dan's eyes widened a little at that and Magnus couldn't tell if his face had gotten redder or was still as red as it was before from the crying. "So," He decided to ask, "Do you want to talk, or listen to music or is there something else you'd want to do that'd help."

The blue eyed boy sniffed, "Oh, I guess music..." Magnus nodded and got his phone, earbuds and a packet of tissues out of his pocket, he handed the tissues to Dan who took them with a thank you and began to set up the music on his phone for them to listen to.

He thought for a moment after placing one of the earbuds in his ear, what music should he play? But then it hit him and he quickly loaded the song up, once Dan finished blowing his nose, Magnus passed him the other earbud, the younger placed it in his ear and Magnus pressed play on the song he'd chosen.

He watched out of the corner of his eye Dan's happiness at the music choice, and the older of the two boyfriends couldn't help but smile softly knowing he'd picked the right song.

The song started off sadly at first but over time became more confident sounding and happy, he knew it was one Dan liked as they'd both listened to it the other day when hanging out in the garage that'd been converted into a studio in Dan's backyard. He'd noticed the way Dan's eyes had lit up slightly when the song had begun and had taken in the smile he'd given when asking Magnus's question about the meaning of the song, so he'd made sure to remember it, anything that made his boyfriend happy like that, even if it was only a small thing like a song he liked, was worth remembering.

When the four minutes and fifty seconds the song took to play was over the two sat there quietly, Magnus hadn't noticed and he wasn't sure if Dan had either, but sometime throughout those four minutes and fifty seconds, Magnus had wrapped his arm around Dan who had leaned into the touch and wrapped his arms around Magnus in return.

Neither said anything for a minute then Magnus set his phone down and wrapped his free arm around Dan too, "You know, no matter what, that I'm here for you okay?" Silently the younger of the two nodded, he knew.

"Great.." Magnus whispered and the two continued to just sit there holding onto each other, one feeling a lot better than they'd previously been now that the person they loved the most was there with them and the other feeling relieved the one they loved the most was feeling better than they had been earlier when they'd texted them..