Danajit play Genshin (A tie in oneshot with The 2nd Exit)

The red streaked boy paused in the doorway to the living room. He'd just been getting a mug of water from the kitchen and was on his way back upstairs when some music coming from the living room had caught his attention. The tune was constantly repeating over and over and sounded more... Instrumental than most music he knew of but he also couldn't shake the feeling that he'd heard it before somewhere... So he'd naturally become curious as to what it was. Looking in through the doorway of the room he could see Ajit sitting on the couch with his laptop open in front of him on some kind of... Well, it looked like a path through the sky? It seemed to be the source of the music though.

Unable to figure out what it was still, Dan decided to just go into the room and ask. "Hey Ajit!" He called out, entering the room and heading over to where his friend was sitting, "Whatcha doing there?" He asked.

Ajit jumped and spun around, having apparently not noticed Dan coming downstairs until he'd spoken up, "Oh, hi!" He greeted, eyes wide with surprise. Causing Dan to resist a chuckle as he sat down beside the other on the couch, giving him a much better view of what was indeed a pathway through the sky on the screen of the laptop.

"What is that?" Dan asked, "I feel like I recognize the music from somewhere."

For a moment the golden streaked boy seemed confused as to what the taller of the two was talking about, but then it seemed to hit him. "Oh, this?" He asked, angling his screen towards Dan, "I'm trying to download a game. Genshin Impact. Julia was telling me about it at school the other day and it sounded kinda fun so I thought I'd give it a try." The younger answered then shrugged, "I didn't really expect it to take so long to download though. It's been downloading overnight and it's still not done yet." He complained.

Dan looked at the progress bar on the loading screen which was apparently verifying file integrity and was at ninety seven point thirty two percent. "It's almost done now though, right?" He asked.

Ajit shrugged, "I think so, it could still take forever though." And then the exact second he finished that sentence, the progress bar sped up and landed at one hundred percent. Then disappeared from the screen and was replaced with the words 'CLICK TO BEGIN' and a door appeared at the end of the path. The two boys blinked at each other. "Or it could do that." Ajit finished, perplexed, causing Dan to burst out laughing.

"So... Are you gonna start the game now?"

"Well, after waiting this long for it to load. I think I'm gonna have to." The younger of the pair nodded, moving his cursor to click the screen.

On screen the doors opened and filled the screen with white light and then an image of two shooting stars drawn onto sand beside a crab and a stick appeared on the screen and a voice from the game spoke, "So... What you're trying to say is that you fell here from another world?" The scenery changed to show two shooting stars flying over cities, "But when you wanted to leave and go onto the next world," The scene changed again to show two blonde characters, one dressed in mostly black and the other dressed in mostly white, standing side by side on some platform above the clouds. "Your path was stopped by some unknown God?" Three dark red diamonds appeared on the screen in front of the two blonde characters and then a new character stepped out of the middle one, "Outlanders. Your journey ends here." She announced, looking down at the two blondes.

"Oooh.. This is getting interesting already!" Dan laughed.

Ajit turned to him and nodded, "It is!" He agreed just as one of the blonde characters on the screen began to speak, the pair went quiet to continue watching the scene play out on the laptop screen. The two blondes began to fight with the God who had appeared before them until the scene suddenly paused as both the twins flew in to attack the God. "Select a twin..." Ajit read out the words that had appeared on the screen.