Roommates and a catastrophe

You know, it's always a fun experience recieving an interesting but strange text partway through a gaming livestream voice chat in a discord server. At least, that's what Kurin would sarcastically tell you, given what'd just happened.

What the fuck. He thought, staring down at his phone. New messages were popping up in the chat on his laptop screen and the icons of his online friends in the voice chat were lighting up but he was ignoring all of them to stare shocked at this one message on his phone screen.

 New messages were popping up in the chat on his laptop screen and the icons of his online friends in the voice chat were lighting up but he was ignoring all of them to stare shocked at this one message on his phone screen

Sometimes Kurin wonders how Julia is one of his close friends. Her and her friend group (The Glanz Four) are always doing something crazy and now it seems their antics might be affecting him for the first time since..- Nevermind. That incident is a lot easier not to think about. Seriously what was Noah thinking? A water balloon fight in the computer rooms is more than just stupid.

But at least then it was obvious what was going on when they'd all burst in the room with those cursed balloons. Kurin has no idea what is going on right now and since it seems like he's going to have to deal with this whole situation extremely soon, he really wishes he did.

Hearing footsteps in the hall outside the room he quickly signed off the voice chat and saved and exited the game. Then waited for what or who he knew was coming any second now.

The door handle turned.

"You never told me you were dating Dan Kouzo?" Everett burst in the room, practically demanding information, standing on his tiptoes in anticipation of the answer making him seem even taller than his already unnatural height.

Kurin internally sighed, at least those theatre classes Magnus forced him to go to will be useful right now. "Uh. Yeah, I didn't think you wanted or needed to know that." He replied, choosing his words carefully. "It's not like we talk all that much."

"So it's true?"

There were multiple reasons Kurin was trying so hard to switch roommates and this was one of them. Everett is a journalist in the making and so of course never minds his own business, instead always poking his nose into others', even if this time it was a fake business.

"Yes Everett. It is true." He sighed out, lying. Wishing Everett would just go back to wherever he came from. Whether that meant he wished he'd go back to where he was ten minutes ago or back to being unalive in his mother's womb, Kurin couldn't tell you.

A gasp. "No freaking way man. Cool! Also what's all this about wanting to switch roommates? I know we don't talk all that much but I'm not that bad surely!"

That. Everything in that last sentence was incorrect. They do talk, they talk a lot more than Kurin would like because Everett never shuts the fuck up, always asking about this or that and talking about his latest crush on whoever while Kurin just sat there hoping he'd get bored and go away so he could continue playing some game or practicing one of the many instruments he plays or even doing his homework would be more fun than talking with Everett!