Home

"Er where am I?" You attempted to avoid his question with one of your own. Sans recognized this. "i'll answer your question after you answer mine. where's your mom really and why were you alone in that warehouse?" He had many more questions, but that would have to do, for now. You flinched. He wasn't gonna drop it like you'd hoped. "It's really not you're concern." You mumbled. "You're just going to disappear anyway.." You whispered to yourself. Sans' bonebrows furrowed. 'What was that last part?' "kid, im trying to help. please tell me." You crossed your arms stubbornly and analyzed the situation you were in. 'Alright. I'm most likely in Sans and Papyrus' house in a guest bedroom. Sans is blocking the only door. Their were two windows, but I didn't know if I was on a second floor or not. I don't know how Sans found out about my living situation. Did he know I was lying?!' Sans sighed deeply. "alright. i get it. im just a stranger.. ill call cps and they can help you.." You tensed and panicked. "Anything but that!" He blinked slowly and his brows furrowed further. 'I can't go back!' "ok, ok. talk to me." He seemed even more confused than before. You sighed in defeat. 'I have no choice..' "I'm an orphan." You state bluntly. He blinked again, more shocked this time. "what?"
"I'm an orphan. I've been an orphan all my life. I've taken care of myself all my life." I reiterated. "this is worse than i thought.."
"It's not that bad. I have shelter, I have money for food, I have a companion." You gestured to [D/N]. "where'd you get that money? did you steal it?" You didn't come across as the stealing type to him, but Sans really didn't know you. You looked offended. "Steal? Excuse me! I worked hard to earn that money!"
"doin what?"
"Walking dogs, running errands, etc. You don't exactly need to be a criminal to be homeless you know." Sans looked genuinely impressed. "jeez kid. didn't mean to offend. musta been hard on your own." You shrugged. "I mean.. I guess.." Sans rubbed his skull in thought. "but it still ain't enough. what about education? dreams? ya can't just focus on survival." That was true enough. "So.. What're ya gonna do then? I'm not going back." He looked at you. Why were you so afraid of the cps?
"well.. guess im gonna have to take care of ya." You blinked in shock. "You'll.. Take me in..? What about [D/N]?" Said canine whined. "them too. ill take care of ya both." What should you say? What could you say? This was all to much for you. "I- I need a minute."
"that's fine. I need to talk ta paps about this." And like that, Sans was gone. "We.. Actually have a home..?" You questioned hesitantly.
💛💙💜💚❤

With Sans

I teleported to the couch. That had been very rash on my part, but I knew what she was going through. The only difference was that I was caring for Pap as well. This kid needs a chance at normalcy. A chance that I never got as a kid. Not to mention that I felt.. Oddly connected to her. Boy.. How was Papyrus gonna take this? I was the 'lazy' brother who 'sleeps' until 3 in the afternoon and 'does nothing'. But I'd readily taken in a kid. As far as he knew, as far as any of his friend knew, I was extremely irresponsible. I guess I'm gonna have to show them a bit of my true self after all. I never thought this day would come, honestly. As long as the major secrets stay secret s though, I should be ok. I made my way to the kitchen. "uh.. hey pap?"
"WHAT'S UP BROTHER? HAS THE HUMAN AWOKEN YET?"
"yeah.. yeah she did.. about the human.."
"WHAT ABOUT THE HUMAN?"
"she's been havin a bad time and.."
"AND?"
"imma adopt her."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"WHAT?! YOU? ARE YOU EVEN QUALIFIED? YOU COULDN'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF YOUR PET ROCK!"
"i can do it. trust me. 'sides, you're here to help me if i need it."
"TRUE.."
"so?"
"HOW DO YOU ADOPT A HUMAN?"
"allow me to handle that."
"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU MADE THIS DECISION. I HOPE YOU CAN LIVE UP TO THIS AND MAYBE EVEN LEARN SOME RESPONSIBILITY."
"i will bro."
💛💙💜💚❤

Back with [Y/N]

"If we are leaving, now is the time." I looked to [D/N] and stroked their coarse fur. "I can't really control it, but we could get out at least. "What do you think." They pulled away and laid on the ground with a sigh. "Stay? Seriously? What.. What if Sans calls the authorities? They'll take me to the physic ward and you'll never see me again! Or they find out about my abilities and I'll be strung up like some lab rat!" I started to panic and [D/N] was by my side in an instant. I stroked their head and hugged them close, my tears dampening their fur. I was unaware of my door opening or of Sans rushing to my side. I didn't notice fur getting replaced by the fabric of a blue jacket. Sans rubbed circles in my back as I sniffed and hiccuped. That I noticed. "S-sans..?"
"i'm here kid, i'm here." He reassured. I hugged him. At the moment I didn't care that he was the original problem. He was there when I needed someone and I was gonna take it. I listened to his even breaths- skeletons can breathe?- and the pulsing hum of his soul. It was soothing. I found myself falling asleep to it. Sans sighed and picked me up once more, laying me back on my bed and tucking me in. "good night kid. once you're up, i should have everything set up to adopt." With that he teleported off to the adoption agency.