Past Pt. 1

In the Past

You were five. You were excited. After forever in the orphanage, you were getting adopted! The Fare family had a couple of boys and they wanted a girl, so that's where you came in! You'd noticed a phenomenon lately. Monsters were back. This was the third time. You sure it happened more than three times though. You hadn't said anything about it yet, but you thought about telling others. You walked out with your things, Mr and Mrs Fare waited patiently. Their boys were.. Less so. There was four of them. The eldest was Rick. He was responsible, and was invested in his studies. He still made time for his family though, hanging out with the younger boys and helping his parents. The next was Logan. He was the athletic one of the family. He did all sorts of sports like baseball, basketball, and track. He often taught the younger boys. Then there was Ethan. He was a quiet and shy boy who kept to himself. The youngest was Ryan. He was the roughest..

❤💜💚💙💛

You were happy with them, but Ryan was.. Hard to deal with. He liked taking your things and if you tried to ask for them back, he'd cry to his mom. "Share your toys, [Y/N]." You usually didn't get them back. Or if you did it would be in pieces. When the monsters went away again, you asked Rick where they went. "I don't know what your talking about, [Y/N]. There never have been monsters. Maybe it was a dream?" You were pretty sure you weren't. You decided not to ask. The problem came with Ryan. He was getting on your nerves and you had only just learned about your magic. He took your FAVORITE German Shepherd stuffed toy. You wouldn't stand for that. "GIVE IT BACK!"
"NO!"
"RYAN!"
"MOM! [Y/N] IS YELLING AT ME!!"
"[Y/N], stop yelling at your brother and share!"
"HE'S NOT MY BROTHER!" Your eyes flashed [M/C] and a bone attack ripped through the toy and hit Ryan. He was bruised and started tearing up. You were shocked. "W-what..?"
"M-MOMMY! [Y-Y/N] HURT ME!!" He cried. You went back to the orphanage after that..

❤💜💚💙💛

You were in and out of the orphanage from then on. It was either because you were 'crazy' or because you didn't get along with the other kids in the house. "You believe me about the monsters.. Right?" You looked to the head of the orphanage. "..." You didn't like that look..

❤💜💚💙💛

You were going to get a drink of water. It was late, maybe midnight, when you head the head talking. Curiosity got the better of you and you went to listen in. "She keeps talking about monsters.. Monsters don't even exist. She says they keep appearing and disappearing. I think.. I think it's time to put her in the ward." Ward? The psych ward?! You were scared. If you stayed here, you'd go to the ward! You snuck back upstairs and packed your bags. You could NOT stay here. You left out your window and didn't turn back.

❤💜💚💙💛

You were cold. You were hungry. It's been a week since you left. Things weren't going well. Then you bumped into.. HIM. Nathan growled. "Watch it."
"S-sorry.." He dropped something. You didn't tell him. He'd been rude. It ended up being a who loaf of bread! You ate it gratefully. Served the jerk right. The next day you met him again. This time he seemed a lot nicer. "Hey, little thief." You turned and blinked. "Wha..? Me?"
"Yeah you. You managed to steal food that I stole. Maybe you ARE useful. How about, we work together and I'll protect you?" You weren't sure, but he WAS more experienced.. "Deal."

❤💜💚💙💛

It was a few years later. You'd almost gotten arrested twice and you were getting sick of it. He wasn't 'protecting you.' He was using you for your magic. He'd found out about it when you used it to escape arrest the first time. Now it was used daily on jobs. This time around was stealing money and food from one of the larger markets. It was a bust and Nathan ditched you. You got cornered in the bathroom by security. That was the first time you teleported. You ended up in the warehouse district. You were tired from the sudden magic use so you slept in one of the abandoned places.

❤💜💚💙💛

You didn't go back. You were done with the stealing. You were done with Nathan. You wanted to make as honest a living as you could from now on. You started with dog walking. Than helping clean the streets. That's where you met [D/N]. You found them injured in the ditch. Beaten by humans. It took them a long time to trust you. You tried to care for them the best you could. Eventually you'd become best friends though. That's how thing went from then on until you met the skele bros.