Past PT. 2

[Y/A] and 9 months ago

With Sapphire

How? How was this possible? She looked at the positive pregnancy test. She was a virgin. She'd never.. done it. Not as far as she knew and yet.. what had happened? It had to be wrong. She bought another one of a different brand. It came back positive. She went to a doctor. "Congratulations, you are pregnant, Ms. [L/N]." Shock ran through her. "Thank you doctor.." She felt numb. Had someone drugged her or something? Wouldn't she remember this?! She groaned. "... I guess I'm doing this.. I'm having a baby."

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

How was she going to tell her grandfather? The question kept going through her mind as she paced the entire house. He was out golfing with his friends. You know, normal retirement things. The weight of the situation was coming at her full force now, her hands were shaking. "How can I have a baby?! I'm not ready! I don't know how to take care of a baby and I can't expect grandpa to do it! What about rent? Work? I was just getting my career started!" Sappire's grandfather found her in the same state when he returned home. "Sappire, string bean, what's wrong?" He guided his granddaughter to a chair. "I've.. I've never even.. still a virgin.. how..?"
"What? I don't understand.. talk to me, Sappire." Her grandfather. That's all Sappire had. Her parents died in a car accident and her grandmother died of a heart attack not long after. "I.. I'm pregnant.. and I don't know how.." Her grandfather was shocked say the least. "Oh, Sappire.. we'll get through this. I don't know what happened, but we can report this to the police and get everything figured out." He hesitated a moment. "Are you going to keep it?" She hugged him. "I.. I don't know.."

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

Sappire told the police what she could. It wasn't much, but they would try to catch this.. ghost defiler. In the meantime she was learning everything she could on pregnancy and parenting. She'd decided to keep the baby, and with the help of her grandfather, she'd raise it. "New mom?" She hummed at thr register person. "How'd you know?" They laughed. "I don't know, how about the twenty something books your buying." She chuckled as well. "Good point."
"I've got a husband and little ones myself so if you've got any questions, feel free to ask."
"How bad does morning sickness get?"
"Except that one. All my kiddos are adopted."
"Aw darn." She paused. That phrase, 'kiddos'.. it filled her with a strange sense of nostalgia and sadness and she didn't know why. "Well, is it easier to raise boys or girls?"
"Its a preference really. Some people feel that girls are fussier, some can't handle boys roughhousing. I'm good with either. I got a boy and a girl so.."
"I see. Well thank you." She didn't feel like she got much, but the conversation was nice. She paid and took her books, ready to learn more.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

She was seven months pregnant when it happened. She'd been at work, shelving books at her new book store when Vince, one of her grandfather's friends came in. "Heya Vince. What's up? Keeping grandpa longer?" He looked uncomfortable, sad, and uncertain. "No.. uh. You're grandpa actually collapsed on the course.. he was taken by the ambulance. "No.. no, no! Where?!"
"Mercy Hospital. South side of the city. You can't miss it!" He called after her as she ran to her car.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

She stared down at the casket. He only looked like he was sleeping, but she knew otherwise. Pulmonary Edema was what the doctors had called it. When fluid built up in the lungs. At his age.. he couldn't handle it. He'd passed a few hours after she'd gotten there. Tears built up in her eyes and ran down her cheeks. No she felt alone. She hated being alone. "I wanted to surprise you.." She sniffled. "It's a girl.. I was thinking of naming her [Y/N].. after grandma.."

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

Something had went terribly, terribly wrong. Three days before the due date, she'd felt a horrible pain in her abdominal area. She'd had Vince take her to the hospital. The nurses were panicking the moment she came in, but was hard for her to focus. She was so lightheaded and dizzy. It was all a blur from their. So me words came clearer than others. "....can't.... bleeding.....c-section...... save.... baby...." That was about all she'd gotten from everyone. Then crying. Some was crying and for a moment everything became clear. A baby. Her baby. Shimmering [H/C] hair, bright [E/C] eyes. "Sweet [Y/N]..." Sappire rasped. She looked over, her grandfather smiling down at her. "Its time.."
"Do you think they'll ever meet each other? Sans and [Y/N]?" Sappire asked as she took her grandfather's hand. "Perhaps someday."

3 chapters left