Family

You spend the next week with your uncle. You'd wanted to spend time with your dad too, with your whole family really, but he was nowhere to be found. Not even at Grillby's. Frisk stuck around as well, so you knew that he was safe at least. No Player hunting him down or anything. But you worried none the less. He was strong and could take care of himself, but you still worried. Uncle Pap worried too, probably more than you, pacing the house and calling all the contacts that he knew, but nobody had seen your dad. "So then where could he be..?" You muttered. You wanted to be out there, searching for him, but you knew next to nothing about this place. You'd end up getting lost then your dad would have to look for you. You sighed heavily, flopping in the couch. "Where could he be!?" The castle? Surely Asgore would have said something. The lab? Alphys would have said something. Waterfall? It was a big place. Maybe Undyne hadn't found him yet? But for a week? And why? It made no sense. There were always reasons behind your dad's actions. So it had to be somewhere else unless.. unless he was trying to free grandpa from the Void. You shot up. "That's it!"

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You teleported to Waterfall, right around the area that you'd been before you were led to that grey room. You started to touch the echo flowers, looking for clues to if he was here or not. You heard nothing of him or grandpa, but you did here something. Will it hurt? Frisk? But they'd been at the house. When was this? You touched the next one. Here you heard your father. hopefully not, but it's the only way to get my dad back, and that demon gone... if it works. What is it? You touched the next one. Will you tell [Y/N]? Obviously not. no.. i'm sure there's already a lot on her mind. it's best to let her relax. You frowned. You had a lot on your mind? The guy found out his wife was dead and that he has an unknown biological child that he'd ended up adopting years later. If anyone had a lot on their mind, it was him. You were happy you had anyone at all. Family helps each other, and you were going to help him. You smiled. And Frisk knew EXACTLY where he was.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You found them watching Mettaton on the living room. "Where's my dad?"
"I don't know what your talking about."
"You know.. you can't keep secrets in Waterfall. The flowers like to tattle." You pointed out. They stood up. "Even if I did know, I promised Sans I wouldn't tell, so stop trying." You narrowed your [E/C] eyes and huffed. It seems You'd have to go about this another way.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

Something that you learned from your dad.. how to pretend to be asleep and make it look believable. So when you heard someone sneak out of the house in the middle of the night, of course you followed. That someone was none other than Frisk. They kept looking around, and you kept ducking out of sight. You followed them to the back of the house, where you noticed a door that you had no clue was back there. They entered the house again through that door. Five minutes later, you followed. You descended down a set of stairs and into some sort of lab space. It was in the back with a big machine where you spotted Frisk and your dad. "it's almost done, kid. we can finally rid this place of the player and keep [Y/N] safe, with the added bonus of getting my dad back." That's what they were doing? "Count me in." They both jumped, startled. "With a little help, I'm sure we can get this thing working faster. No resets, having grandpa back, no murder! Sounds like a dream."
"[Y/N], what are you doing down here?"
"How did you follow me?!"
"You weren't trying that hard to keep me from following.. I just played pretend. I learned it from the best, you know." You winked at your dad who looked guilty. "Come on! Let's get to work!"

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

It was finished in three days, now that you were helping. You didn't really give them much of a choice, they'd tried to lock you out, but you merely teleported back down. Dad was running the final logistics on it. Frisk looked both nervous and afraid. You were nervous and excited. "Well..?" You asked, bouncing on your toes. "i think..." He paused, looking the machine up and down in a final scan through. "...it's ready." Frisk stepped up. "I'm ready.." Dad nodded and started inputting things into the machine. A slot opened up, just large enough for a soul. They summoned their soul and slid it in. "Your dad won't take it.. will he?"
"... maybe..?" He muttered uncertainly. "it is my dad. he's unpredictable."
"You're soul will be fine." You assured. "I won't let anything happen to it." Using the power of Frisk's soul, the machine truly started.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

First it started out as a hum. Then a paper thin black line split the air a few feet in front of us. It bled outwards, tearing into some sort of oval shape. On the other side of the darkness, you noticed white. "GRANDPA! OVER HERE!" The being on the other side snapped around, a smile splayed on its features as it made it's way towards us. He stepped out smoothly. "Well done, you three. I expect nothing less from-"
"THAT SOUL IS MINE!" Something separated itself from Frisk as they stumbled to their knees. "My soul-" Oh no you don't You activated your magic and blocked it from the machine with your bone attacks. Your dad attacked it with his own attacks, making it stagger away from the machine and into your line of fire as you summoned a blaster. It charged quickly with [M/C] magic and fired, hitting the Player square in the chest, and easily blowing them into the Void to replace your grandpa. "SHUT IT DOWN!" Someone slammed down on the emergency shutdown button, but it wasn't Frisk, dad, or grandpa. It was uncle Papyrus. "WHAT IN STARS NAME IS GOING ON IN HERE!? AND WHEN DID YOU BRING DAD BACK?" We all exchanged looks. "Hey you know how the world's been resetting since forever?" You asked, hoping he knew what you were talking about. "YES. WHAT ABOUT IT?"
"We just got rid of the thing responsible by replacing it with  your dad, aka my grandpa."
"OH.. THAT'S GREAT! WE SHOULD CELEBRATE WITH SOME SPEGHETTE!"
"he.. he remembers..? you have blasters? how is it that i'm the one confused here?"
"Let's catch up over a family dinner, and Frisk." You offered. "THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!"
"I'm in!"
"I haven't eaten in decades, I'm famished."
"you know what. why not?" You rushed everyone upstairs. It was about time that your family was on the same page. It would never be whole, but it was better than nothing at all, and if you were being honest, you'd never been happier.

And cut! That's where I'm ending this. It's perfect. As usual I enjoyed writing this, I enjoy writing all my stories honestly, and thanks to all of you for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading it. I've got plenty of other stories, if your interested and have a great day/afternoon/night!

-Kyran