Determination

You glanced around, a little surprised that you'd actually ended up where you wanted to be. Snowdin Forest. Though you were worried that everyone had forgotten you, especially Sans, but you were determined to get back to them. You turned towards Snowdin town and started walking.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

It occurred to you that you could have teleported. Well, no matter. The walk was nice and you didn't risk getting stuck in the Void again. The place was much more lively than last time you were here. Monsters milled about everywhere, and things seemed more.. peaceful and cheery. After so long eating normally, and falling back into little to nothing, you were starving! Grillby's sounded amazing to you at the moment.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

The calming chime of the bell rang in your ears and the smell of food slammed into you, making your mouth water. "Hey Grillbs! Can I have Sans' usual?" You called as chose out a bar stool. The fire elemental looked a little startled, but nodded and disappeared into the back. Soon you had a ketchup in your hands and you sipped the condiment. The door chimed again. You didn't look to see who it was. You were to busy curbing your hunger. "Hey Sans, is that..?"
"[Y/N]!?" You recognized those voices.. "Frisk? Dad?" You looked to them, excitement in your [E/C] eyes. "You remember me?!" Sans slammed you into a hug, checking you for any injuries and others such things dad's do when their child's been gone forever. "i remember you.. how could i forget? you remember me?"
"Of course-" your anger flared for a second and you punched Sans, knocking him back a couple of steps as he stared at you in bewilderment. "w-what was that for?" Frisk was equally surprised. "You said the monsters weren't leaving again! I missed you, but you could have been honest with me!"
"Leaving.. again..?" Frisk pointed out. You shrugged. "Well, I mean, yeah.."
"what do ya mean by that?" Sans recovered from the blow. You kinda dazed off, focusing on nothing in particular. "Its been happening for as long as I can remember. Monsters come, than they disappear and it's like nobody remembers, so everybody is surprised when they come again.. everybody thought I was crazy when I asked. Wanted to throw me in a psych ward. So I shut up, and dealt with it on my own." Your focus turned to Sans. "Until I met you. Finally, someone who believed me, excepted me for me. Sure I'm a little mad, but I need you. We're family." Sans was on the brink of tears. "kid.. you'll never know, how much that means to me.." He hugged you again. This time you hugged him back instead of punching him. "Let's get her home." Frisk suggested. "And explain everything." You both agreed.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

They explained the resets, The Player, and everything else to you as you walked to Sans and Papyrus' house here in town. "So it's because of the Player that you can't get a happy ending? That monsters keep disappearing and reappearing? And nobody but us three, grandpa, and Flowey remembers?"
"pretty much." You stayed silent, trying to process all this. Then there was the genocides. You'd thought you had it rough but Sans.. he'd watched everyone he cared about die over and over again, and Frisk couldn't control their own movements. It angered you, your eyes lit a dim [M/C]. There was nothing you could do about it though. "relax, [Y/N].. it'll be ok. i got a question though.. how'd you get down here through the barrier?" Right.. then there was that. The magic barrier that trapped the monsters down here which you'd somehow teleported through with ease. "Well.. you said that anyone with a fused human and monster soul can pass through.. right? It.. it could be the source of my magic?"
"I've never heard of a human who could absorb monster souls though, only monsters that can absorb human souls." Frisk pointed out. "I can't think of any other explanation. My parents had to had my absorb a monster soul when I was little. Either that or one of my parents WAS a monster."
"the latter seems more likely." Sans commented, looking lost in thought.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You stared in shock at the house before you. You remembered this house. You broke one of their doors down last timeline! "neat hu- are you ok?"
"I'm sorry for breaking your door down!" You blurted as Sans looked at you in confusion. "uh.. it's ok?" You decided to give context. "It was before I met Flowey, I was looking for anyone or anything that could tell me where I was. This house was the only one unlocked so I looked around for a phone or something. It was empty, but one of the bedrooms upstairs was locked so.. I kinda broke in? I don't even know what I was thinking at the time, but I'm sorry!" You finished, breathless. Sans busted out laughing, Frisk too. "Oh my god, that's hilarious. it's alright, really. just don't do it again, ok?"
"Deal!"

2 Chapters Left