Friends

"uh pap? what're they doin here?" You heard Sans as as you started down the stairs. "TO MEET [Y/N] OF COURSE!" He responded. 'People? Here?' That made you nervous. "papyrus, [Y/N] is barely used to us, let alone someone like undyne.."
"What's that supposed to mean ya punk?!" You flinched at the new voice, Undyne, you assumed. "that.. you're.. demeanor."
"Are those the adoption papers Sans?" A more.. Motherly.. Voice asked. Sans didn't say anything and your stomach twisted. 'Were they?' "I-i c-cant be-elieve y-you of all p-people a-adopted a-a ch-child." Someone stuttered. You felt a bit sympathetic for them. "Sans.. This is a huge responsibly. Are you sure you're ready for this commitment?" A deep and kind voice asked. 'Do they have so little faith in Sans?' You felt the need to show them that he could take care of you and that feeling confused you. "i am." Sans responded. "I think.. That he can do it.. Even if he all but fails to pay his tab.." You sweat dropped at that. "heh. thanks grillbs.. i think."
"I THOUGHT YOU WOULD WANT GRILLBY HERE SEEING AS [Y/N] WILL PROBABLY BE SEEING A LOT MORE OF HIM!"
"thanks bro."
"Darlings, who wants to bet that Papyrus will be caring for the human at the end of the week?" Several shouts sounded. 'Betting on me?' A voice broke through the crowd. "Sans can do it! He's determined!"
"see grillby and the kid believes in me." After hearing everyone's doubt you believed in him too. You hated when people underestimated others. So you started forward with [D/N] behind you and walked straight to Sans. "oh! morning kid, how'd you-" He stopped short when you wrapped your arms around him in a hug. You definitely weren't one for physical contact, he found that out the day he met you, yet you hugged him. You did it solely for the purpose of proving the others wrong, but still. He was shookth. Slowly, ever so slowly, he wrapped his arms around you too. The others looked even more shookth, except for a fire man- who's expression I couldn't read- and another human child who smiled. [D/N] got jealous and jumped on us, knocking us over. I laughed and pet them. "uh. [Y/N]. this is mine and pap's friends asgore, toriel, undyne, alphys, frisk, and grillby. guys this is [Y/N] and her dog [D/N]." Sans introduced. "Uh.. Hi.." You paused your petting, much to [D/N]'s disappointment. They groaned and went to Frisk's waiting hands. "Hi!"
"Greetings, my child."
"Howdy, [Y/N]."
"H-hello.."
"Sup punk."
"GOOD MORNING, [Y/N]!"
"Hello, darling, aren't you adorable?"
"Good morning." Everyone chorused. Sans was already on his feet and holding his hand out to you. You took it and he pulled you up. "here." He handed you some papers. You skimmed through it, your eyes widening by the second. This.. This was.. And it was even signed.. You looked to Sans. "How'd you get these?! Don't you have to go through court and all that?" He was smiling. "that's for me to know and you not to worry about. welcome to the family, [Y/N]." You were speechless as you looked at the adoption papers again. Sans.. Was your legal guardian.. You.. Were adopted.. You were excited, but also scared. How long would this last before you were thrown back in the system? "i'll be bringing [D/N] to the vet to get them chipped and their shots and what not too." You snapped out of your thoughts. "You really don't have to.." He sighed. "gotta if your gonna keep them. i'll be getting some toys an' stuff for them too." Once more the others looked startled. Sans was really taking charge. "after i'm gonna enroll you in school." You swallowed a lump in your throat. "School..?" He nodded. "School. You need an education. You definitely weren't used to all this. "Wow nerd.. I'm kinda surprised.." Sans shrugged.
❤💚💜💙💛

We'd moved to the living room and you learned more about the others. Undyne and Alphys were a couple. Undyne was the captain of the Royal guard. She also taught Papyrus how to defend himself and how to cook. Alphys was the Royal scientist and absolutely loved anime. Especially Mew Mew Kissy Cutie. You'd never seen anime before so you were pretty clueless. Asgore is-was?- the king of all monsters and Toriel's ex-husband. Toriel was the queen of all monsters and Frisk's mother. Frisk was the monster ambassador who saved them from the Underground. 'Is she the one who sends them back than?' You wondered. Grillby owned a bar in the Underground and was going to be opening one up here soon. He and Sans were close friends. All in all, this band of monsters were very friendly. I liked them. Sans had good friends. [D/N] seemed to like them too, since they were all loving on them. "Hey Papyrus, I thought you weren't a dog person?" Undyne asked. "He's NOT kicking out my dog."
"AND I WOULD NOT DREAM OF IT. [D/N] IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION BECAUSE THEY ARE YOURS. THEY ALSO HAPPEN TO BE WELL MANNERED." Papyrus explained. "Oh.. Um.. Thank you.. Papyrus.." He merely smiled and nodded at me. Alphys put in some anime (of your choice) and you all sat around to watch.
❤💚💜💙💛

You'd all ended up binge watching the entire series and it was late. They were taking their leave. Frisk was out in Toriel's arms as they left and you were barely awake yourself. Papyrus had went to bed long ago. You thought Sans was going to be asleep, but he came into your sleepy sight. You mumbled incoherently. Sans chuckled and picked you up. "let's get ya to bed, kiddo. gotta big day tomorrow." You were in you bed a moment later. He covered you up and left your door open a crack.

So I was half way through this chapter when I realized that I never published the last chapter.. Oops. So two chapters in one day. Yay!

-Kyran