Alone

It's been a few days since the monsters disappeared once more. You were starting to get back into your old routine of working to pay for the minimal food you could afford. Oh how you missed Toriel and Papyrus' cooking. Sans that dirty liar! Your face contorted with anger. This is why you didn't trust people! With all his preaching about you lying and not telling the truth, he was the one lying the whole time! He lied.. he said he wouldn't go away, but he lied.. you gripped your shirt. You were mad, but in all honesty, you missed him. You missed all of them. Sans, Grillby, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Toriel, Asgore, Frisk.. Jack. You haven't found Frisk since the disappearance and Jack couldn't seem to remember you at all. "Why.. why did everyone have to go away..?"

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

After you fed [D/N] you trained in your magic. In that way you felt closer to your family, closer to Sans. It was still unbelievably lonely. It wasn't the same without Sans there to guide you. It made you feel homesick. Hell, you were homesick. You threw attack after attack at the cardboard boxes you'd set out, trying to practice your aim, but you just felt so lost. The more lost you felt, the more frustrated you felt. "WHY CAN'T I JUST HIT THE STUPID BOX!" You felt dizzy as a whine sounded above you, than there was a blinding [M/C] light and you dropped to your knees. The boxes and floor were charred and above you was some sort of wolf skull. It hovered there for a moment before fading into [M/C] whisps. To which it disappeared completely. "W-what the hell..?" You fell forward tiredly. "W-what was that th-thing?" You murmured before lapsing out of consciousness.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You couldn't move for a few days after that, but you practiced with the skull more, so it wouldn't happen again. You'd also made sure that nobody heard or saw anything that'd get you caught. Everything seemed to check out. So you'd practice, take care of [D/N], and work daily. It was a never-ending cycle. During the nights you'd lie awake, thinking of everyone. Missing everyone. You'd tried to forget, tried to move on, but you couldn't. You were stuck there too, in that regard. [D/N] tried to help you from your sadness with snuggles and doggy kisses, but it only worked for so long. "How much longer do I have to wait? Will they even remember me?" Your eyes widened at the question. Jack had forgotten, so it was easy to say that they could too. Tears ran down your checks at the thought. This had to be just as bad as when you'd gotten stuck in the Void. Only this time your grandfather couldn't save you. You really, truly were.. alone.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You were ready to give up. Give up on ever being happy again. Ever having your family again. Ever having friends again. "Heya [Y/N]" As if things couldn't have been any worse, Nathan showed up. "Whatever you want, no. I'm done. Do what you want because I don't care." You didn't even turn to face him as you said that. He hissed. "Ouch. That's harsh, little lady. What'd I ever do to you?"
"Left me to get arrested three times."
"[Y/N], [Y/N] you have to let go of the past. I need you-" An attack shot between you and the hand he'd started reaching out to you with. "I said no." You started to walk away. He shook his head and called out to you. "You're going to regret this, [Y/N]! Just you wait!" You ignored his threat.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

It had started to downpour as you walked back to the wearhouse. [D/N] was nowhere in sight, making you assume that they found a place to stay for the night. It'd been a long day of work, and you didn't have anything to show. The money you'd gotten, you'd used to buy a meal for a sick, older, homeless gentleman. He'd been so grateful. As you walked into the warehouse a flashlight shown on you, making you freeze. "A kid?" Police. Part of you, a large part of you wanted to give in, but there was still a smaller part of you that made you bolt. You dashed out into the rain and kept running, the cops giving chase. You'd noticed Nathan smirking at you as you ran. You knew this was his doing.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

As you kept running through the streets it became increasingly obvious that there was nowhere you could hide. Your soul was pounding hard in your chest and your eyes glowed a bright [M/C]. You were doing everything in your power not to release the magic that wanted to defend its weilder. At one moment you thought for sure you were going to get caught, than you were pulled into an alleyway. You panted as you went to defend yourself, only to find. "Jack?!" He looked confused. "Uh.. yeah.."
"Why'd you help me?" He shifted his stance. "I.. I know this sounds crazy, but seeing as you know my name, maybe it's not. I.. I think we've met before? I don't know where. I don't know when. But I know that I need to help you."
"Help me? With what?"
"I.. don't know. But.. your not alone. I'll help you with.. whatever it is." Your eyes went wide. "You just did.."
"What?"
"You just did help me, Jack. Thank you." You knew what you had to do now. He was right. You weren't alone. You were filled with determination! "You're.. welcome?" You smiled. "Its [Y/N], by the way. It was nice to see you. Oh! And take care of [D/N] while I'm gone, ok?" He tried to tell you something but you were to focused to hear what. Then you felt the cold biting at your skin.