Carlos Saves The Day!

Today's miserable, so there were down points when having only four friends.

For one, where do you sit in lunch when you're all fighting?

"Excuse me." A tiny freshman girl lightly says when she passes me, getting to her group of friends in the cafeteria.

I didn't even notice I was in the way of so many people so I start to walk around, searching for any spot I'd feel at least a tiny bit comfortable at.

I'm pretty sure I look like a lost puppy, just standing in the middle of the cafeteria looking for a spot to sit.

We may not say it in this school, but we all have a seat in this cafeteria. The first day of school is where you start, the seat you sit in that day will be your spot for the rest of the school year.

I try to steady my shaky hands while holding my lunch, trying hard to not look at my assigned seat.

God, this sucks.

I hate talking to people who aren't in my social group.

You know what, is this really worth it? Looking like a fool in front of the whole cafeteria to prove how ticked off you are at your friends?

I glance over my table and catch Sebby doing his homework, probably last minute. Olivia is right next to him laying her head down, then I see him. Eli staring at me, slightly smirking and enjoying my pain.

My body started to heat up and I narrow my eyes at him.

No no no freaking way is this cocky, large lemon-head going to have victory.

No way José.

Of course this is worth it, while I'm here suffering he's there enjoying it. Forget my seat, forget lunch, forget school.

I roll my eyes at him and dump my lunch in the trash before storming out of the cafeteria. Storming out and into the hallway calmed me down. It was like a weight was off my chest.

My block of communication vibrated in my back pocket and I instantly grabbed it in hopes that it would be my Finkle.

Ever since my sick day with Eli, he hasn't tried to contact me. So when my phone vibrates in it's certain form of notifying me that a text has arrived, I jump in hopes of it being Aaron.

Pulling out my sad excuse of a phone, I read the small screen notifying my new message from Carlos. I want to roll my eyes and scuff and ignore him, but he's the only one that I actually do want to be around.

Before I can open up the text, another new message pops up, from Aaron.

My heart beats faster and a smile slowly spreads across my face, this was the only good thing that happened today.

Can't go out Tuesday, Sorry. Will explain later.

Now this has to be the worst day i've had in a while. Turning the corner to get closer to my locker, I spot Carlos right infront of it, crossing his arms and staring at me.

There's always that one look Carlos has to show you that he's judging or has something to say to you.

Why if ya look at that, Carlos has that look on right now.

"Trying to ignore me too?" I avoided his eye contact.

He knows about my pregnancy scare, he knows I was one of Parker's sick version of a trophy. Carlos will never see me the same again. I know how much he disproves abortions, and now he sees me differently.

"I was going to reply-" Carlos gives me that look again and cuts me off.

"Why aren't you in lunch?"