You Know The Drill

"Oh shit," Olivia gasps, "I forgot!"

Olivia stands off the arm chair tossing Sebastian her cookie and sped her feet away to my room.

We all stood in our places, shocked that Olivia, of all people, forgot about Mission S.S.

Mission S.S wasn't a rad thing in our group, we weren't spies or druggies, even though I wish it was that predictable.

Mission S.S is a Secret Santa event we do every year, it's been exactly five years with all of us together.

We chose it to be our tradition every year exactly four weeks before Christmas.

Olivia is to blame for this.

She's been in charge of the event and also made rules so it can be perfect for everybody. I have to admit, the secret santa gifts are always the best ones I get.

Better than my mother's gifts, but that isn't saying much.

"You know," Sebastian starts, smirking at me then meeting eyes with Eli, "The only reason she forgot was because of you two."

Sebastian takes Olivia's tossed cookie and chews on it after giving it a couple of dips in his hot chocolate.

Next to me, I hear Eli snort a laugh, my eyes meet his and his slightly narrows at the contact.

From here I can easily punch his nose, but me being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man that I am, I choose not to.

Joy to the world.

"Not my fault she," Eli extends his thumb to me, "Can't take a hint."

I face Sebastian, who not so surprisingly gets excited with the shot Eli took at me.

"Oh so now you're an expert on making moves, riddle me this, cowboy," I narrow my eyes again, "When was the last time you've called someone back?"

In the background I can hear Sebastian breathe out a chuckle.

"Livy!" Sebastian calls out, "They're at it again, hurry up!"

"Don't you get it?" Eli groans out, "I'm trying to look out for you, airhead."

Name calling? What are we? Ten year olds?!

My face grows red, and my fists clench when I meet his eyes. Whoa there, Kim. Keep it cool.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're as charming as an eel?"

"Stop it," Olivia slips back into the living room holding onto her old Santa Claus hat, "It's been good so far, I'm not going to let you two ruin our Mission S.S, get over here now!"

Olivia leaves to living room again to gather us in our usual spot in the kitchen.

I eyeball Eli one last time before slowly going to Olivia, who was excited by the fact that four little slips were in her Santa hat as she held it upside down.

"Recite the rules." Olivia demands, arching her eyebrow at us.

"Livy, it's been-"

"Recite," She pauses to make sure Sebastian doesn't interrupt again. "The rules."

Carlos stands next to me and for a moment we all take in a deep sigh before reciting the same rules of mission S.S we're been reciting for five years.

"Rule number one: The present must come from the heart."

We all say in unison before taking another pause to look at each other and continuing.

"It must be a gift that you are positive he or she will love."