Clams

Last day of the school week and last hour of the school day!

TGIF

"Gym partner!"

Sebastian laughs out at my attempt to catch the ball and shakes his head. I raise my arms up in defeat and shake my head smiling back.  He stands far from me as we are practicing tossing a football to each other.

"You can't push me into being your perfect gym partner, it just isn't going to happen."

He chuckles and shrugs at me.

"I can try."

I groan at knowing Sebastian will try to push me to my limits. My hands close on the football that we've been tossing back and fourth. For extra speed my trick is to use both hands to throw the ball.

I like doing that because it puts an obvious cringe in Sebastian's face and also a little smile afterwards. It's entertaining to watch.

"Pick someone who actually gives a floppy bird about sports."

With two hands I toss the back and Sebastian smiles at me as he easily catches the ball. He replies,  "I want you."

Then he tosses the ball too fast for me to follow and it swerves over my head before plopping on the floor. My eyes fall back to Sebastian who is watching me, clearly disappointed.

"Yeah well, I want you to not look upset when I miss the ball."

I pick it up and wind up for the next grand throw. Literally swinging it around to gain momentum. He cringed again and I give him a small smile.

"I just don't understand how I can throw it and get you to actually catch the thing."

I shrug my shoulders.

"Sports are not my thing."

Then I toss the ball.

"There has to be one."

Sebastian tosses the ball and it falls through my hands. I shrug and respond back to Sebastian.

"I love to eat."

He rolls his eyes and smiles, "That's not a sport, that's a hobby."

I toss with one arm this time and the ball falls immediately on the ground, rolling halfway towards Sebastian.

We both laugh and meet up to grab it.

"At least we can meet in the middle."

Sebastian swings an arm around my shoulders and smiles down at me.  The familiar scent of his old spice hits my face. Normally, he's sweating like a pig and doesn't smell this pleasant.

I guess having me as his gym partner keeps him smelling nice. Without thinking, my face nests into him and his arm immediately tightens around me.

"I like this." I mumble into his arm.

I don't think it's been bad having Sebastian as a go to guy. Actually it's been the bees knees having him this close. I can understand why Olivia has had him on her side for so long.