F-Boi Nonsense

Oh Holy Spirit, please hear my prayers.

My feet reach the front door and my body tingles of Deja Vu. My chin tips upwards as I eye the mistletoe that brought me into this hell of a mess.

Actually, Candyland Truth or Dare edition brought me in this situation in the first place.

I could've been fine ogling over the Finkles through my bedroom window but noooooooo.

I just had to kiss one. And he happened to want my number and want to go on a date with me.

These are the real problems.

I take in a deep breath to calm my nerves as I knock lightly on the door. Aaron opens the door immediately and smiles lightly at me.

"Hey, I was going to pick you up so we can go out."

He gestured me to come in his house and I do.  I kicked off the snow on their welcome mat and shake off any flakes that attached on my outdoor gear before facing Aaron.

"Actually,"   I let out the breath I was holding. "I only agreed to go out tonight to talk to you. But, I just couldn't handle the idea of being out in public on a date for a second and then it ending after I tell you something."

Aaron's face falls and he takes his eyes off of me.

Ruh-Roh

"I don't plan on staying for longer than you'd want me to."

He gestures for me to sit on the bench he has in the hallway. Gym shoes and snow boots are kicked underneath. We sit down and I turn to him but before I could start Aaron begins.

"What is it about?"

Here we go. Wait-actually, I don't even know where to begin. The date? The argument? The kiss? Well, what is it actually about the kiss?

My heart numbs faster and sounds louder as it rings my ears.

Clearly I am freaking my freak out right now.

It's ok Kimberly, things happen. Like when Spider-Man lost his powers. Aaron will understand right? He's got to understand that things happen and sometimes it's not always entirely your fault. Like the kiss-there it is!

"Eli kissed me."

My eyes guiltily meet his. There's a cloudy look in his eyes and then, like a light bulb turned on, his eyes show some life.

"Ahh, the guy who was 'bothering' you."

Ignoring the quotes he added with his fingers, I nod sheepishly and look away from his face.

What do I say to explain what happened? How do I say it? Where do I start? Mee-oh-my I'm doing it again. Freaking my freak like a freak on Halloween.

What was I talking about?

I was quiet for too long that Aaron decides to break it.

"Did you enjoy the kiss?"

We don't look at each other, at least I don't bother to make eye contact. The more pressure I feel, the easier it is for me to lose my train of thought.